Lowa Ticam II GTX coming today

Got a good deal on these off Zappos. Website said to order the same size as my normal street shoe, so we will see how accurate that is. Pretty hopeful about these. They’re supposed to be a stiffer version of the Camino from what I’ve read here, and most of the Rokslide posts on them are positive. I’ll do my best to keep a running update going.

Lot stiffer then the camino. Not a little. Great boot.

I ran them for a little while, I ended up just needing a wider last.

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Initial fit was just right. I have a somewhat narrow foot, and there was plenty of room in the toe box. I can lace them to where there is very minimal heel slip, but it’s hard to really tell since I haven’t had any break-in time. I’m decently optimistic that these will work for me, just need some time with them.

I am interested in how these perform for you. I was about to pull the trigger on these as they seemed like a lighter version of the tibet as for as similar stiffness. I ended up going with the Hanwag Makra's which i'm pleased with so far.

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
I am interested in how these perform for you. I was about to pull the trigger on these as they seemed like a lighter version of the tibet as for as similar stiffness. I ended up going with the Hanwag Makra's which i'm pleased with so far.

The Makra’s were #3 on my list right behind the caminos. If I wouldn’t have gotten the $70 off, I wouldn’t have bought them. I’m going to spend about three weeks breaking them in and report back

Riplip

WKR
FYI - Have a pair of 8.5 for sale in classifieds!

These are great boots that are very close in stiffness to a Tibet but with a narrower last and much more agile feeling. Unfortunately as much as I would like to I simply cannot get Lowa heel cup to fit me properly.

BigDog00

WKR
I'm really surprised these aren't more popular. I just got a pair and initially they seem to be exactly what I was looking for. They are very similar to the tibets in stiffness but don't feel like you're wearing 2x4's on your feet. I had a pair of rangers that I really liked but I'm pretty excited about these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Quick update: the sizing on these boots ran dead on what Lowa told me. I ordered the same size as my “street shoes” and they fit just right. When “side-hilling” in the ditch, my ankle stays locked in and my toes don’t bunch. Also, on a downhill my toes don’t jam into the front of the boot. I don’t have enough miles in them to determine how well the insoles are going to work, but I have a feeling that I will be replacing them with a softer gel or foam insole. They just don’t have much give in the ball of the foot.

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Did 45 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes sidehilling in the ditch with 75# as my first hike. Don’t have any decent socks so I wore my normal cotton socks. Got one really small hot spot on my right Achilles area, but it’s so slight I don’t see it being an issue, especially with this being the first walk around in these boots. So far, very impressed.

Wow I think I am gonna go with this boot for my NZ hunt.. I was looking at the tibets but I really wanted something lighter

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Update:

I bought some cheap Dr Scholls runner insoles to replace the stock insoles. Threw an 80# pack on last night and spent an hour walking the ditch. (It’s the steepest thing I’ve got). The stiffness I felt before wasn’t there, and the ball of my foot felt even more comfortable when side-hilling. No hot spots or blisters at all with regular cotton socks.

Uplandmt

WKR
Try a pair of Superfeet in those and you’ll be amazed at how comfortable they are. Use the Cooper if you can. They are high volume but fit in my Lowas fine. I used to get plantar facitus but no more. Memory foam shapes to your feet and is super cushioning. BTW looking for a good deal on the Ticams if anyone know of one please let me know!

OP
Gerard Marcaurele
Update to this one after a couple years worth of Colorado hiking:

The overall fit is great for me. Only had some hot spots on my pinkie toes when running downhill for 4 miles. No heel slippage and they stayed snug the entire time.

They kept my feet from getting too tired while packing 50# worth of gear. Being able to keep my ankle stable kept me from falling over given the number of rocks I slipped on.

For Co where we crossed small streams, waterproof ability really wasn’t tested, so no real experience there. They have held up through some rain storms and mud down here in Tx pretty well, but I really don’t wear them down here because they’re too stiff.

I’ll be buying some less stiff Lowas based on how nice and sturdy these are.