Lowest gpi arrows

It has to do with FOC and arrow length. For instance I have a 29.5" carbon to carbon arrow. running a GT pierce at 9.3 gpi and all my other stuff in a 300 gets me at about 9.5% FOC and I'm dead perfect on the spine. I would really rather be a little stiff. If I go to a 250 spine at 9.9 gpi my FOC falls to 9.25 with all the same componets but the arrow is now 500 grains instead of 480 and the FOC is worse.

So the best solution is to find a semi durable arrow that is on the lighter side GPI wise. That will leave some of my weight up front and less in the shaft. If i go with a much heavier arrow my bow is slower then I would like. Its all a balancing game and sometimes the easiest is to start with the lightest shaft avaliable and work up from there to find the balance your looking for. I suspect your going to be 8 gpi to find a semi durable arrow.

I was never very good at math but it makes sense! appreciate the insight.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
Never shot them. I'm using BE Carnivore right now for hunting shafts. They are a lighter gpi shaft, haven't had durability issues. They are also a "standard" size .246. Easy to find components for.
How are the nocks on these? Seems like many who shoot BE arrows opt for different nocks.