Lowest gpi arrows

MattB

WKR
Dont overthink the FOC thing. Ashby's #1 rule is structural integrity of the arrow. Usually high FOC/low GPI guys overlook that going for something further down the list.

Never shot them. I'm using BE Carnivore right now for hunting shafts. They are a lighter gpi shaft, haven't had durability issues. They are also a "standard" size .246. Easy to find components for.

Reactions: ZDR
I was going to try the RIP XV, but everyone I heard of using them (Brent from Valkyrie, a couple others on Kifarucast a while back?) said they broke very easily on any kind of an angled impact. Extremely brittle shafts. I'm shooting the X-Impacts right now, and they've been great in terms of durability. They're probably as light as I'd go.

aachey

Lil-Rokslider
Victory RIP TKO 300's are 8.8 GPI. They have the structural integrity but you can still get good FOC without super heavy arrows.

Reactions: Zac
OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
I was going to try the RIP XV, but everyone I heard of using them (Brent from Valkyrie, a couple others on Kifarucast a while back?) said they broke very easily on any kind of an angled impact. Extremely brittle shafts. I'm shooting the X-Impacts right now, and they've been great in terms of durability. They're probably as light as I'd go.

If they ain’t sturdy, then I don’t want them. Thanks for the info.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
Dont overthink the FOC thing. Ashby's #1 rule is structural integrity of the arrow. Usually high FOC/low GPI guys overlook that going for something further down the list.

I’m not a big FOC guy. I’ve read/heard folks refer to him. I don’t follow him, though.

ZDR

WKR
Never shot them. I'm using BE Carnivore right now for hunting shafts. They are a lighter gpi shaft, haven't had durability issues. They are also a "standard" size .246. Easy to find components for.
The BE Carnivores are a really good choice. Very tough for how light they are. Also I find them to be consistently straighter than what they are spec’d at.

Zac

WKR
The Gold Tip Airstrike is 8.5 GPI, not sure about durability, usually GT is very good.

The BE Carnivores are a really good choice. Very tough for how light they are. Also I find them to be consistently straighter than what they are spec’d at.

I get .001 straight from BE. I can't detect anything much straighter than that.

They are really spine consistent as well.

i dont know much but this is the first time ive ever heard someone wanting the lowest gpi arrow.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
i dont know much but this is the first time ive ever heard someone wanting the lowest gpi arrow.

It has to do with FOC and arrow length. For instance I have a 29.5" carbon to carbon arrow. running a GT pierce at 9.3 gpi and all my other stuff in a 300 gets me at about 9.5% FOC and I'm dead perfect on the spine. I would really rather be a little stiff. If I go to a 250 spine at 9.9 gpi my FOC falls to 9.25 with all the same componets but the arrow is now 500 grains instead of 480 and the FOC is worse.

So the best solution is to find a semi durable arrow that is on the lighter side GPI wise. That will leave some of my weight up front and less in the shaft. If i go with a much heavier arrow my bow is slower then I would like. Its all a balancing game and sometimes the easiest is to start with the lightest shaft avaliable and work up from there to find the balance your looking for. I suspect your going to be 8 gpi to find a semi durable arrow.

I shoot the RIP XV's for Deer and have only had them break with non pass thrus. I'm fan of them.