Lowly Florida Hunter

DannyBump

FNG
Greetings! I am a Florida public land hunter who has been transplanted here from Minnesota. I have come THIS close to sealing the deal 3 seasons in a row but just can’t get it done on one of these Florida bucks . Next year is the year, I’ve got a plan.

Welcome aboard. See, I say that like I've been here a long time but I'm new round these parts too. Have spent quite a bit of time in Florida though. Haven't deer hunted the state but I've chased some of them Osceola's and hog hunted the Ocala. Love kayaking the glades. Next time I'm down my plan involves backpacking and blowguning iguanas. It's a bit of a different world down there. I always enjoy it though.

FLAK

WKR
FL. public land is THE WORST hunting in the U.S. IMO.
I respect anybody who can actually get out of bed to hunt down there.
God Bless.

Welcome from SE Wisconsin. I'm new here as well.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
Welcome. No such thing as a lowly hunter of any kind. And Florida has a lot to offer. Good friend of mine moved back for the hunting and fishing after a decade in Colorado and Nevada.

OP
D

DannyBump

FNG
FL. public land is THE WORST hunting in the U.S. IMO.
I respect anybody who can actually get out of bed to hunt down there.
God Bless.
It’s tough, let’s put it at that. But at least the season is long! Archery starts in early August and gun runs into February in the northern part of the state. I basically work my way north to different WMA’s as the season goes on. Headed 3 hours this weekend (I live in the southwest corner).
Welcome aboard. See, I say that like I've been here a long time but I'm new round these parts too. Have spent quite a bit of time in Florida though. Haven't deer hunted the state but I've chased some of them Osceola's and hog hunted the Ocala. Love kayaking the glades. Next time I'm down my plan involves backpacking and blowguning iguanas. It's a bit of a different world down there. I always enjoy it though.

OP
D

DannyBump

FNG
Blowgunning iguanas sounds fun! We definitely have plenty of those laying around.
Blowgunning iguanas sounds fun ! There’s definitely plenty of them laying around.

FLAK

WKR
I lived 16+ years down there in that mess.
WMA check in and out squirrel hunts?,,,no thanks.
Y'all can have it.