Loyalty to a brand ??

This may sound like a weird question but I am over here recovering from this virus and need some things to occupy my head.

do you guys have any loyalty to a certain brand of gear? Or will you Mix it up and wear a Sitka hat with your first lite Jacket or your Kuiu pants with your Sitka jacket and so on?

do you only purchase one brand and only wear that? Or purchase a bit of everything and wear it all.

jmez

WKR
Not brand loyal. Buy what I think will work best for what I need.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I used to be brand loyal because it’s easy. There’s so much to think about and consider and the prices are so high that’s is easy to just trust one company and buy their offering for whatever I think I need at the time. I’ve evolved to an approach of finding the best piece regardless of brand. For example

Base layers/merino: First Lite
Active insulation: Kuiu
Wind stopping pieces: Sitka
Down products: Stone Glacier or Montbell
Pants: personal preference based on fit, but I like pieces from FL, SG, and Sitka depending on season
Fleece: whatever is cheap
Rain gear: I use FL but I don’t really put it to the test here in CO

I also mix in some non-hunting brand pieces from places like Outdoor Research. Mainly pants (Ferossi) and gaiters (Vergas or Crocs). I think you end up with a better system if you determine what you need, then find the company the makes the best version of that thing, instead of settling for whatever offering is available from [insert favorite company]

I do like First Lite’s camo best, so if I’m turkey hunting or something I have a couple of their camo outer pieces I can put on to cover up, but beneath that it’s a smorgasbord

Im loyal to me and my family so whatever I can get the best deal on. The camo companies try and look you in with their pattern so just buy solids and you can mix and match and no one can really tell. I’ve bought Kuiu 90% off, Sitka 50% off, Prana Zion 50%, Simms 50%, Kifaru 20%, etc. I also buy a lot of used stuff and save big big big.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta mix and match! Granted I have mainly FL gear but I’m running Sitka Mountain gloves (they’re perfect windstoppers for those chilly days) and my SG M5s get in today. Before that was Browning speed for rain gear with Guy Cotten as a PVC back up and a Patagonia jacket for windy days. All the companies seem to have an area they excel at whether it’s base layers, rain gear, outer layers, early season etc. I don’t think a single company has the best option for any situation or any layer. Oh and a mix of SmartWool PhD Hunt socks and Darn Tough.

jmez

WKR
You can mix and match camo as well. I don't care if it matches.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
I prefer to mix and match.

Hiking or active mountain hunting

Merino upper Layers - Firstlite wins hands down

Lower merino - I like the blended tights from Costco.

Synthetic base layers - Kuiu peloton

Insulation - Kuiu or arcteryx

Pants - I live daily in tiburons and kutanas

Rain gear etc - MEC or Kuiu

Tree stand / waterfowl

Mostly Sitka with some of my base or fleece layers mixed in

I hunt around 80-100 days per year and spend a lot of time fishing, hiking and overnight or weekend pack trips.

I’ve owned all kinds of clothing from each company. Started out in the old days with Sitka mothwing, went to Kuiu and sold it all, went full first lite, sold most of it.

Now I’m smarter and just mix and match the pieces that work for what I need. All great brands, good quality and really can’t go wrong with any of them. Each brand has its winners and losers

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve got a little of everything. I buy based on level of function and price. I also agree with many of some companies have better options. For instance I believe FL has far superior merino base layers. I prefer kuiu pants because of the lay out and hip vents. Sitka is the best windstopper. Etc just like everyone else

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I mix and match based on need and sales. Although I'm not a big fan of mixed camo patterns so lately I have been getting more solids
You can mix them with other solids or camo. I will say I like FL merino the best. I also run a FL rain jacket in solid so I can mix it with anything from work cloths to kuiu.

TheCougar

WKR
I don’t really buy into brand loyalty. I get what suits my needs the best and what I can get it on sale. It’s a mess of fusion, ASAT, solids, multicam... I will say that I do have brands that I prefer to avoid. It doesn’t mean I don’t have gear from them, just that they are on the bottom of my list and I only buy from certain places when I have no other choice or their gear is substantially better than the competition.

ShakeDown

WKR
I mix and match, but I do have an annoying desire to “match,” so I stay away from different camo patterns at the same time.

I prefer solids anyway for most situations.