Loyalty to a brand ??

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to be brand loyal, either by contract or just because I wanted to be. Now I wear and use whatever I want and it’s pretty damn nice to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

WKR
I have pieces from most of the lines. Once I find the right fit, price is next. Most of my best hunting clothes come from online clearance sales. Sometimes that means I am wearing last years pattern or a discontinued item but it also means saving a lot.

Mosby

WKR
I buy whatever camo I get on sale and don't worry at all about matching. Where I do tend to be brand loyal is on my boots and rifle scopes.

I use a lot of solids with a few pieces of camo mixed in (vest and hat). I find that this is a cheaper option and lets me put more money toward tags. Although, I have been switching all my camo from Kryptek to Kuiu this spring.

I have never bought anything out of simple brand loyalty. I'm buying a product and I get whatever best meets my need at that time. This includes beer.

Reactions: WCS

D wine

FNG
This may sound like a weird question but I am over here recovering from this virus and need some things to occupy my head.

do you guys have any loyalty to a certain brand of gear? Or will you Mix it up and wear a Sitka hat with your first lite Jacket or your Kuiu pants with your Sitka jacket and so on?

do you only purchase one brand and only wear that? Or purchase a bit of everything and wear it all.
I wear what works. It depends on the weather and where I’m hunting big fan of sitka timberline pants but the sizing of their tops doesn’t work for me Very well.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I wear a conglomeration of camo and solids that include one or two Fusion pieces. I call it "conFusion"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
I got a buddy who's a SITKA fu*k boy and all he wears is Sitka, he looks like a dork in Sitka head to toe lol and gives me crap because Ill rock Sitka pants, my Kifaru LPP and a First light beanie, drives him crazy lmao

excaliber

WKR
I like Sitka best but I have some Kings camo poly shirts, Kuiu Hats, Cabelas Microtex. If it doesn't work then I'll toss it and move on to something better like I did with my Leupold scopes.

bsnedeker

WKR
I like sitka and prana pants. I like first light base layers. I like stone glacier puffies. i like my kifaru pack. The idea that one company makes everything exactly the way you like it seems kind of crazy to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Catahoula

WKR
I’m loyal to FL. I just like the fit. and it keeps me cool and dry in warm temperatures and warm and dry in the colder temperatures. I do have a few Sitka pieces I like.

Block

WKR
Clashing different camp looks goofy IMO.,,, I will mix UA and first lite earth tones with my SKRE camo. Wish more brands made earth tones

It’s a rare day if I match. Brand loyalty is short changing yourself, one company doesn’t make the best everything for any of us.

The companies don’t give a rat’s rear about any of us individually, why would we be loyal to them... it’s a weird thing to me.

If a company wants me to be brand loyal, they will have to prove it to me and make it a no brainer, but they have no reason to, I’m not going to be on instagram talking about my camo being super awesome... I like having no commitment, it gives me freedom to try everything

Loyal to my budget first.
Black Ovis merino base layers. Most of the time bought on sale.
Pants are a mix of 5.11 solids and a pair of Sitka
Shirts are Sitka, Kuiu, and first lite. FL is the one with holes in it.

TX_Diver

WKR
I mix and match but if I find something I like or that fit's well I'll stick with that. Especially since I mostly buy online due to not living near any stores that carry that stuff.

i.e. Pants, I love the Kuiu attacks and the prana zions. Don't really have a reason to change it up much there.

Base layers I have cheap cabelas/cold pruf stuff and some expensive kuiu. For layering I don't see much difference, but I do wear the kuiu tops on their own when it's hot and really like them. Curious to try the FL stuff with the hood soon. Not sure when they run sales though.

The only brand loyalty I have is to Sitka when it comes to camo pieces. I find the quality and durability consistent vs. kuiu or FL where some pieces are stellar and the next piece is a dud.

With that said I don’t run camo baselayers. I like merino, and merino wears out with extended use so I buy whatever’s on sale preferably in neutral/earth tones. Most of my mountain hunting is done in neutral clothing though - I’ll only don full camo for turkey, archery or sit-and-call predator hunting. You don’t need camo otherwise IME.