LRI-LongRifles, Inc Bolt Fluting

Tannerb80

Lil-Rokslider
Had my Tikka 6.5 PRC done for a while, but my builder didn’t have time to send the bolt in for fluting. Searched for someone to send my bolt to for a little while, and settled on LRI. just wanted to give them a shout out! Beautiful work and amazing turn around. It was exactly 7 days from dropping my bolt off at USPS to receiving it at my door today. They received the bolt Thursday, and had it out to USPS Friday. Couldn’t be happier!

Attachments

• 214ABF05-566D-4C56-94C2-73E81E764E22.jpeg
    214ABF05-566D-4C56-94C2-73E81E764E22.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 316
  • FDDD6406-8D7F-4541-8728-10F2E123F112.jpeg
    FDDD6406-8D7F-4541-8728-10F2E123F112.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 320
To flute a bolt is $30 plus return shipping. Very fast turn around also. Just had a bolt fluted also.

I'll throw in my experiences with LRI. I had them do a Rem 721 bolt modified for an M16 extractor and dual ejectors , it still won't eject brass without slamming the bolt. $300 failed experiment.

My last service was bolt fluting, I sent in a Tikka and Rem 700 bolt . One came back as expected and looks pretty good for the price, the other looks like it was done on a hobby mill by amateurs , tooling marks, chatter, rough edges, just poor machining in my opinion. I took the "ugly " bolt to a gunsmith to see if it could be cleaned up and he asked if it came from LRI, without me saying anything.....
Its a cosmetic modification so I'm not overly concerned, but I now send my fluting elsewhere. You truly get what you pay for.

Yes I contacted them regarding the bolt not ejecting properly. They did suggest I send it back to them with the spent brass and they would reimburse me for the return shipping costs. I did not return the 721 bolt, and after receiving the other two bolts back from fluting I decided that 2 out of 3 unsatisfactory services was my queue to do business elsewhere.
But yes, they did offer to take a look and attempt a repair on the repair, which I declined to pursue.

Did you contact them? I'd bet that they'd go to whatever length necessary to get you squared away.

I wasn't shitting on their business, only commenting on my experiences with them. Based on LRI's reputation , I'm sure they do great work for the most part.I was not impressed with 2 of 3 services and chose to go elsewhere, seems pretty simple to me. I'll try to make sure I check with you on any other comments I might have to see if it makes sense to you.
You declined to let them fix their mistake but you're inclined to jump on the interwebs and shit on their business. Makes perfect sense.

I wasn't shitting on their business, only commenting on my experiences with them. Based on LRI's reputation , I'm sure they do great work for the most part.I was not impressed with 2 of 3 services and chose to go elsewhere, seems pretty simple to me. I'll try to make sure I check with you on any other comments I might have to see if it makes sense to you.
:LOL:
If they F'd it up the first attempt....they F'd it up. I got educated from his experience and appreciate the info.

16Bore

WKR
I had a couple bolts done by them, looked cool. Then I realized I’d just wasted money on nothing.

LRI does good work I suppose and is known to do it quickly and for a decent price. But when it comes to fluting anything on a rifle I've always used Karl Feldkamp @ Kampfeld Customs. Karl will do it just about as fast and the work is always perfect.

To the OP - congrats that is a really nice rifle (y)

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote here for Karl at Kampfeld Custom. You won't meet a nicer (and humble) person; His work is top-notch to boot and I've never heard one person have to send stuff back to be corrected.

I too have had to send work back to others mentioned in this thread. Not a pleasant experience even though the work was corrected. If I wanted factory, I would have paid my monies and taken that chance.

fellas2

FNG
I had them do 5 bolts for me a few years back. At that time they had a coupon code and i'm pretty sure i got most of them done for around $25. Follow them on Facebook, they're always getting into some new stuff.

Had 3 done and all have been perfect. Totally pointless work but i find it sexy.
Regarding the honest reviews, i appreciate them.