LRTS Mag Ring/Throw Lever Left-Handed

ericwh

WKR
Wife bought me a LRTS 4.5-18 for Christmas (yay!!). Mounted on a left-handed bolt action, the factory throw lever blocks my bolt handle at low magnification (less than 6x). At 6x it clears.

Can I re-index the magnification ring so it will clear at 4.5x? Is the small screw in the magnification ring a set screw that keeps it indexed?

Sent this question to Bushnell but, you know, it's the holidays. No response yet.

BAKPAKR

WKR
How stiff is the power selection ring/do you even need the throw lever? I am asking because I am a lefty, too, and I have been going back and forth about ordering an LRTS (or one of the recently announced LRHS2s).

OP
ericwh

ericwh

WKR
I'd say the stiffness is medium-well. And the ring is well knurled. You could do it without a lever and the lever is removable. From my samples, it is closest in feel to a Leupold VX-2. Stiffer than Razor HD LH, less stiff than my Burris MTAC.

I prefer a lever for the ergonomics - I feel like my trigger hand comes less out of position if I stick a finger or two out and push one side of the lever around as compared to re-orienting my hand to wrap fingers and maybe thumb around the ring.

If I can't re-index the mag ring I will just stay above 6x - I like the factory lever and, the way I use this rifle, 6x will be fine.

Discussing the LRTS and the LRHS I would also mention the LRTS windage knob is not prone to accidental movement in my opinion. I.E. it is not easily pulled out to adjust - it almost feels like I'm pulling a vacuum inside the knob when I pull it out to adjust zero.