Lucky Duck vs Foxpro

Alchemy

WKR
Hate to beat a dead horse but getting a new caller....

it’s beetween the lucky duck roughneck or the foxpro X24

I have owned foxpro for 10 years, never let me down but I keep hearing positive things about the LD’s. Really love the tx1000 remote but the new remote from LD looks much nicer than previous models....

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a Revolt but I've used various Foxpros over the years. Both make a really good call.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SoDaky

WKR
I have not used the Roughneck,just the Revolt and earlier LDs.Foxpro has been much more reliable.The Roughneck may have addressed those issues,don't know.
Both have 'good' sounds and I don't 'buy' the idea the LD 'new' sounds make a big difference.80% of the time I use Foxpro(Shockwave and occ the 24),rest of time LDs.

I have been around both quite a bit. I will say that the coyote vocals and fight sounds on the LD are very good. The main difference and deciding factor for me was the overall durability of the call. Foxpro seems to be tougher in the long run. I’ve seen multiple LDs with missing pieces (antenna, battery cover) and hear the same thing from many owners. The sounds are great but the caller is not tough. I use a Foxpro CS24c and love it. Both companies are great and have top notch customer service. I think it comes down to how hard you are on equipment.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Missing antennas on LDs are from user negligence. Same could be said for the battery covers. Now, if they were snapping off antennas that's different, but can be solved by not packing them around with the antenna installed to get knocked off. Both companies make great calls, it's a personal preference at this point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hate to beat a dead horse but getting a new caller....

it’s beetween the lucky duck roughneck or the foxpro X24

I have owned foxpro for 10 years, never let me down but I keep hearing positive things about the LD’s. Really love the tx1000 remote but the new remote from LD looks much nicer than previous models....
I can’t speak to the LD products but guys are killing with them. I just got the X24 with the Tx1000 and I am impressed. Previously used the fusion and scorpion. The volume and clarity has increased my numbers this year on the windy days. Total confidence

Attachments

• A814BFEF-A406-4F8E-8205-A62424E46905.jpeg
    A814BFEF-A406-4F8E-8205-A62424E46905.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 51
Lucky Duck volume + verminator custom sounds are great. The remote is a tricky one. Seems like it goes through batteries fast. If it’s glitchy or acting weird you can bet that new batteries will fix it up. No complaints other than that. I’ve had the LD Revolt and run it hard for 2 years now.

lwtickner

FNG
I run the revolt. Really like the sounds. A buddy runs the big foxpro. Both seem to work, nice to have the sound diversity between them

Reactions: Sky

Sky

FNG
I've used various Foxpros and they've never let me down.

Reactions: AKG

N.ID7803

WKR
Anybody have any experience with Wildlife Technologies calls? They only have two models, The Mighty Atom and The Might Atom Laut. Supposed to be pretty good calls.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Watch as (I think it’s LD) has some goofy sized batteries needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AKG

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Xwave and a Roughneck. I kill more coyotes over the Xwave. Better features, louder, more rugged, better remote, made in USA by americans not a kid in a sweat shop in china.

Ricks sounds are great no doubt. But so are Tony tebbes, and some of the real MFK sounds are good. If you know how to use a audio interface and know why Id mention one in this comment, then you to would own both and use the foxpro all of the time.

Smid

WKR
I have a Xwave and a Roughneck. I kill more coyotes over the Xwave. Better features, louder, more rugged, better remote, made in USA by americans not a kid in a sweat shop in china.

Ricks sounds are great no doubt. But so are Tony tebbes, and some of the real MFK sounds are good. If you know how to use a audio interface and know why Id mention one in this comment, then you to would own both and use the foxpro all of the time.
I had a roughneck and sold it for the xwave. And I think I know what you’re getting at because I’m adding JD Piatts Icotech sounds to it but haven’t figured out Ricks. PM me if I’m on the right track

Nmhybridhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I like to use lucky duck because everyone in the county has a foxpro! I think late season it helps to have a different sound than everyone else. I’ve hunting behind both and they are both excellent calls though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have run a lucky duck Revolt for the last few years. The call sounds are top notch and the volume is plenty loud. As other have said, it cheaply made and not nearly as solidly built as a FoxPro. Remote is not the best but I haven’t had any problem getting by with it. Rough neck remote and the new revolt look to have fixed the remote issue.

WCB

WKR
Been hunting with guys that use the LD for a few years now and my other buddy just bought one last season. I guess if you like to toss your stuff around maybe the LD would have a negative but after a few years of day and night hunting probably 120 days/nights each none of the 3 guys I know that run the LD have said one negative thing about it and have not broke anything on them.

They sound great IMO...but a LOT of it is personal preference.

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
The new LD super revolt looks extremely nice. Thinking about selling my fusion and giving it a go….

jaytaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I like the LD sounds better than the FoxPro sounds, but that’s maybe just because so many folks use the Foxpros that I’ve heard them too much. If you’re hunting where there’s not much pressure I doubt it matters, but if there are other callers regularly in your area I would try to be different, I think it helps.

TheGDog

WKR
QUESTION:
My Johnny Stewart GS2, the ON/OFF switch on the main unit seems to have bit the dust. There was also a nut that must have came off inside the unit in the past, under warranty was able to have unit replaced. So I'm very much DONE with this unit. For the low amount of use I've done with it, this is inexcusable.

Since I have to stuff everything into my pack and hike-in miles into NF's, and I want something that makes use of rechargeables... what's the minimum model of FOXPRO that you think I'd need to bump up to, that should keep me happy for a good long time? Realistically should I consider, for example, the Shockwave... as the minimum? Or are there models below that which you think the "occasional" beginner predator hunter would be totally happy with?

I feel I'd be most happiest with a model with the TX1000 remote. But I've never actually seen in person any of them.

I'm not doing any night hunting, if that influences the decision.

Thank you for your time. I just have a hard time justifying the kinda money they want for those upper-tier models they have.

OH... and I don't want the sound to sound like crap, such as the crappy Icotec GC300 I started off with. I kinda get the impression that the high frequency fidelity of the various lowend models which make use of a similar looking small horn driver like the GC300 had (such as the Patriot or Inferno) would likely sound like the same kinda garbage. But I've never actually heard one in person so don't know.