Luke Here from Eastmans'

We were at the 49ers game 2 weeks ago, and I watched an entire family do exactly this. One even had the audacity for the first bite to come out of the middle. Clearly, these were aliens trying to act human to learn our ways but skipped eating class.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't want to have to make the human/alien call in the bay area.

One even had the audacity for the first bite to come out of the middle.

My son does this because he knows it falls in the zone where 1) it drives me crazy, and 2) I am morally precluded from disciplining over it.

It’s like a big old giant (friendly) eff you to Dad. Which I kind of respect in a way. It’s like throwing tea in a harbor.

ChrisAU

WKR
What if you make them 6-8 inches wide, slice them thin and call it bologna?

Well then it’s not a hot dog, it’s a bologna sandwich. You’ve altered it into something different.

If you order a hot dog at the ball game and the dude give you a bologna sandwich are you gonna shrug your shoulders and say “basically the same thing?”

No. You’re going to throw it at him and probably get into a physical altercation.

A hot dog is it’s own thing. It’s ground up eye balls, lips, peanuses, and whatever else fell on the floor stuffed into a cylindrical casing and then put in a small loaf of bread with a ground mystery meat pocket cut into it.

And I choose them 10 out of 10 times over a bologna sandwich.

CorbLand

WKR
Well then it’s not a hot dog, it’s a bologna sandwich. You’ve altered it into something different.

If you order a hot dog at the ball game and the dude give you a bologna sandwich are you gonna shrug your shoulders and say “basically the same thing?”

No. You’re going to throw it at him and probably get into a physical altercation.

A hot dog is it’s own thing. It’s ground up eye balls, lips, peanuses, and whatever else fell on the floor stuffed into a cylindrical casing and then put in a small loaf of bread with a ground mystery meat pocket cut into it.

And I choose them 10 out of 10 times over a bologna sandwich.
Bologna and hotdogs are essentially the exact same meat, made the same way.

So what defines what a hot dog or sandwich is? If I put bologna in a hot dog bun and a hot dog in between two pieces of bread, what is what?

As soon as we come to a general consensus on this topic, we should move onto others. I vote the next topic is "what do girls want?"