Luke Here from Eastmans'

So what defines what a hot dog or sandwich is? If I put bologna in a hot dog bun and a hot dog in between two pieces of bread, what is what?

As soon as we come to a general consensus on this topic, we should move onto others. I vote the next topic is "what do girls want?"

My guess is girls want a guy that doesn't get into debates about hotdog sandwiches with strangers on the internet. I'm definitely not telling my wife about this thread.

Now back to the important stuff.... This is from the Merriam Webster dictionary.

Full Definition of sandwich

(Entry 1 of 3)
1a: two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between

...Next time I go to a hotdog stand I'm going to order a sandwich and if they don't give me a hotdog I'm gonna throw a dictionary at someone's head.

Oh and Welcome Luke!

bsnedeker

WKR
A hot dog is it’s own thing. It’s ground up eye balls, lips, peanuses, and whatever else fell on the floor stuffed into a cylindrical casing and then put in a small loaf of bread with a ground mystery meat pocket cut into it.
How do you think they make bologna?

WJS23

WKR
Welcome, probably should have posted this in the FNG section….. it’s all in good fun man.

Will_m

WKR
Well then it’s not a hot dog, it’s a bologna sandwich. You’ve altered it into something different.

If you order a hot dog at the ball game and the dude give you a bologna sandwich are you gonna shrug your shoulders and say “basically the same thing?”

No. You’re going to throw it at him and probably get into a physical altercation.

A hot dog is it’s own thing. It’s ground up eye balls, lips, peanuses, and whatever else fell on the floor stuffed into a cylindrical casing and then put in a small loaf of bread with a ground mystery meat pocket cut into it.

And I choose them 10 out of 10 times over a bologna sandwich.
I would like to add a question to the OP:

What the hell is a peanus?

Grumman

WKR
c58aa632bed7423f841da0a1e4529d12.jpg

You think it’s really got peanuses in there cut up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I love the off-season on Rokslide. Thank you Luke for starting this thread.

My question is:

Why is the Lone Ranger called ‘Lone’ if he always has his friend Tonto with him?

Thanks in advance kemosabe

Bologna and hotdogs are essentially the exact same meat, made the same way.

So what defines what a hot dog or sandwich is? If I put bologna in a hot dog bun and a hot dog in between two pieces of bread, what is what?
The difference, apparently, is girth.

As soon as we come to a general consensus on this topic, we should move onto others. I vote the next topic is "what do girls want?"
See above.

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
This is the exact same question/debate I have on pants.
So if I am hearing you correctly, you think your pants thing and the Lone Ranger thing are the same?
Guessing your explanation is something like the following:
Tanto was a sidekick to the Lone Ranger. Tanto wasn't a Ranger, so I guess the Lone Ranger was technically the only Ranger. Kinda like one legged britches and a shirt.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
So if I am hearing you correctly, you think your pants thing and the Lone Ranger thing are the same?
Tanto was a sidekick to the Lone Ranger. Tanto wasn't a Ranger, so I guess the Lone Ranger was technically the only Ranger. Kinda like one legged britches and a shirt.

Pretty sure one legged britches would just be a "britch"

Squirrels

WKR

Well that depends how you feel in regards to the Lone Ranger. I see it as in he’s by himself when in fact Tanto is always with him but your view of said matter is valid. Still doesn’t change that it’s ridiculous to refer to a single pant as a pair of pants.

Squirrels

WKR
Pretty sure one legged britches would just be a "britch"
Two legged would still be just a britch so as long as they are adjoined in the crotch by fabric. If not adjoined then they would just be chaps, correct??

Well that depends how you feel in regards to the Lone Ranger. I see it as in he’s by himself when in fact Tanto is always with him but your view of said matter is valid. Still doesn’t change that it’s ridiculous to refer to a single pant as a pair of pants.

"It's a shortened adaptation of pantaloons, those tight-like leg coverings worn by pirates and Shakespearean characters. And in those eras of 300 or 400 years ago, before pants were a single entity, pants were actually two separate garments."

From the interweb . . . Now you know, its the damn pirates fault!!!

P.s. I believe GPS coordinates to your honey hole are due since I just solved your life problem. . .