Luxe Hiking Gear 3W wood stove

sneaky

"DADDY"
Heavy for the size. I'd say that viewing window contributes to the weight. You can get lighter, cheaper, options. You wanting a box stove or a cylinder?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
Yeah it is a bit heavy, but that viewing window is pretty neat. I’m looking for a box stove.

Fishon78

FNG
I have that exact stove. Works well. I'm not sure how much lighter a wood stove can get. I like mine. I think all of the titanium box stoves are made in the same place no mater what brand. Lux makes a good tent as well.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes they are nice stoves. They don’t seem as flimsy as others and at not much of a weight penalty. I used one in Colorado this year and liked it.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I sure like miine. It replaced a smith cylinder stove. The glass door is great. I have the older style doot latch and much prefer it over the newer style. I did modify it a bit. Got rid of the cheezy cable latch handle and replaced with a stiff wire loop. The loop was sized to slip over the intake slide in transit and keep door securely closed. I also angle cut the latch on the stove body to minimize the amount of ‘lift’ to operate the door. Another thing I did was, heated up everything that didn't 'color up' after burning in, with a propane weedburner. I think this helps relieve stress in the metal and minimizes warping later on. I also found a little stainless grill on Amazon to toss on top of the stove for cooking. It helps eliminate hot spots when using TI pots. Also rivetted a brass hound collar name tag with name, address and phone number over their logo on top of the stove, to personalize it and hopefully get it back if lost......

IMG_2807_zpswouzpsdp.jpg

IMG_3580_zpsl0gvrg1r.jpg

IMG_2937_zpsefg7btzs.jpg

IMG_2878_zps2qdtmaad.jpg

IMG_2874_zps9eyxqdff.jpg

IMG_2847_zpspwl94hav.jpg

Last edited:
B

Brando'

I sure like miine. It replaced a smith cylinder stove. The glass door is great. I have the older style doot latch and much prefer it over the newer style. I did modify it a bit. Got rid of the cheezy cable latch handle and replaced with a stiff wire loop. The loop was sized to slip over the intake slide in transit and keep door securely closed. I also angle cut the latch on the stove body to minimize the amount of ‘lift’ to operate the door. Another thing I did was, heated up everything that didn't 'color up' after burning in, with a propane weedburner. I think this helps relieve stress in the metal and minimizes warping later on. I also found a little stainless grill on Amazon to toss on top of the stove for cooking. It helps eliminate hot spots when using TI pots. Also rivetted a brass hound collar name tag with name, address and phone number over their logo on top of the stove, to personalize it and hopefully get it back if lost......

IMG_2807_zpswouzpsdp.jpg

IMG_3580_zpsl0gvrg1r.jpg

IMG_2937_zpsefg7btzs.jpg

IMG_2878_zps2qdtmaad.jpg

IMG_2874_zps9eyxqdff.jpg

IMG_2847_zpspwl94hav.jpg
Awesome

I have one and my hunting buddy also has one for my octopeak. I purchased the stove after our trip in 2020. It’s a bit heavy but fine overall. Does the job. I’m happy with my purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk