Luxe hiking gear hexpeak tipi review

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hexpeak that I finally got to setup last week. The stitching is all straight and correct. All of the stake/tie out points seem to be durable and even though I haven't used it on any trips yet, I have 100% confidence in using the shelter for this archery season. When I called with questions the guy was really cool and even BS'd with me for a bit. Not that its important but he wasnt in a hurry to just answer my questions and get off the phone. Just a cool guy with good customer service. If your thinking about getting onto a luxe shelter and cant make up your mind cause its not a 500$ tent... just do it. You wont be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skuhzz

FNG
Thanks for the write up man! Just ordered a hexpeak XL. What stove are you using? I was thinking about a light outdoors 18"

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
Thanks for the write up man! Just ordered a hexpeak XL. What stove are you using? I was thinking about a light outdoors 18"

I run the 3W stove from Luxe. I wanted something super secure as I havent messed with stoves before. It's a touch heavier but it's got a flat top and is super solid so it worked well for me

Do you have any experience with a Kifaru tipi’s? I understand they are most likely better made but is the Luxe product still quality? Going all out with Luxe is still almost half the price of the Kifaru 8 man, liner, and stove.
I have the same question... seems to be alright based on reviews

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I have one season ( a 5 night trip and a 2 night) in my luxe hexpeak shelter and im still 100% happy with the purchase. On my longer stay it rained for a solid 72hrs and there were winds 15-20mph at times and i had no issues whatsoever. Its a great shelter for someone that wants to get into the floorless shelter game. A kifaru or seek outside may be of a better quality and they're also made in America but if your looking for a teepe and have a budget, get a luxe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jmoots

FNG
Does the pole have to be pitched exactly vertical? The zipper problem is concerning; have you had it back out in similar conditions since your fix?

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
Does the pole have to be pitched exactly vertical? The zipper problem is concerning; have you had it back out in similar conditions since your fix?

Havent had any zipper issues since, but I'm also aware that could be an issue so I don't strong arm it if it is acting stiff. As for the pole you can offset it a little but you will need it pretty centered and vertical

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
A follow up to this for everyone is I have ran a kifaru paratarp since originally ordering my luxe stuff and though it's a little bit apples to oranges I still am totally happy with the build quality of a luxe in comparison!