Luxe Hiking Gear Hot tents

Z.Co

FNG
Anyone bought/used any of the luxe hiking gear hot tents combos? Pros/cons?

Spoonman

WKR
I have the mini peak xl and it has been great so far. It’s a little heavy compared to some others I guess but it’s been great. Not a fan of the stove, I’d go with the Seek uturn for the weight savings.

Lowg08

WKR
I had the octopeak and stove combo. I loved mine but hardly used it. I do more warmer weather truck camps than anything. Just car camp allot too

Pro953

WKR
Anyone bought/used any of the luxe hiking gear hot tents combos? Pros/cons?

I have a 6-8 person cannot recall. It is fine, the poles are junk mine broke on my first and they basically told me tough luck you might be able to find a part to fix it locally. The tent is ok, but after seen the quality of some other manufacturers and the level of service I do not think I would buy from them again. Being safe and comfortable Is tough enough, I would not want to ride out a serious wind event in mine. We now just use it for fun on family trips etc at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I bought a used one on here to try out. It's neither bad or great but totally usable and no worse quality than lots of tents I've seen. As already said lighter options exist but if you want to save some $ to try a tipi tent they seem fine. I picked up the 3W stove used here too and it's the same, a little heavier than others but so far has functioned totally fine. If I like them and want something nicer I'll sell them off cheap and eat the cost to upgrade. BTW The window on the stove is awesome :)

10ringer

WKR
I have 50+ nights in my mini peak xl over 3 years and it’s exceeded my expectations. I’ve been in all weather conditions from heavy wind, rain, snow and up to 90+ degrees. I also have a mini peak with a dozen or so nights of use with zero issues. If your new to floor-less shelters, luxe is a good entry point without breaking the bank. Yes they are on the heavy side but I have found them to be very durable and easy to use. I never see it mentioned here but they have a really nice vent at the top which minimizes condensation. Another cool design feature is a tab sewn to the outside at the peak which allows you to pitch the tent with paracord to an overhead branch giving you more room on the inside with no poles.
a48fe4f827df4b80c134306670756744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxe was a sponsor here, until they decided to provide zero customer service to a tent that was delever detective because the customer opened the box, i.e., inspected the tent and discovered it was defective.

Purchase at your own risk.

Beagle001

FNG
Unfortunately, it’s a bit of a roll of the dice. I have one, and a buddy has one and they are super sturdy and well built. You’ll find numerous threads of other guys who have had bad luck and worse experiences with customer service.

All in all, I’d say you’ve got a 50% shot of getting a really good one, 30% shot of getting an “ok” one and a 20% shot of getting a firewood tarp

jtvl21

FNG
I have a twin peak. It held up well on a 3rd season Colorado elk hunt that had high winds and snow. The only thing I wish it came with was a floor, I used Tyvek instead which worked ok.