• 6A51B58F-DD3D-49CD-9C88-AA8099547646.jpeg
    6A51B58F-DD3D-49CD-9C88-AA8099547646.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 103
  • 4821A795-651D-4380-BA62-5E6FB097D2BD.jpeg
    4821A795-651D-4380-BA62-5E6FB097D2BD.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 103

MarcDavid

FNG
How big is the octopeak ? Is it big enough two dudes could sit around the stove at night and cook a meal on it if the weather is south or is it not really basecamp worthy ?
It will fit 3 comfortably with all gear, wood, stove etc.

powds

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone over 6’2 used the inner tents from luxe? I’m just under 6’3 and am
Worried about my head or feet touching the slope of the inner tent.

xcutter

WKR
Has anyone over 6’2 used the inner tents from luxe? I’m just under 6’3 and am
Worried about my head or feet touching the slope of the inner tent.
I have the Minipeak 2 with the 1 man nest. I'm 6'1" and its tight but doable. I sleep with my feet touching the netting. Hardest part is trying to get out of the thing when you got to pee really bad. LOL. Tight quarters for a bigger guy.

Okay guys,

I have been eye balling the MLD duomid XL for a long time. Coming from a backpacking background, they are the bee’s knees. However, they are pretty pricey. I have been reading a lot about Luxe tents and watching videos but I have never seen a video of one in some wicked wind, rain or hail. I am unfamiliar with the ripstop material in a shelter and from what I understand it is different than silnylon?

I am assuming that is why they are lower cost?

Anyway, I spend quite a bit of my time above tree line where wind, rain and hail are very common. I use a traditional tent at the moment.

I am curious, has anyone had personal experience with any Luxe tent in some pretty hefty/severe wind, rain or hail? If so, how did it hold up? What do you have to compare it too?

Or should I shut up and just by a Hilleberg GT variant? 🤣
I have a luxe hexpeak xl, and it’s been great to me. Handled wind, rain, and hail with no issues. Haven’t had it out in 40mph plus gusts though, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it handles it ok after guying it out. I put a hole in it from my own negligence, but I’m not sure what fabric would’ve held up to a knife slip. I’m more than happy with the money I spent on it since I don’t feel like spending the kind of money on a tent that SO and Kifaru are asking. I’m sure those tents are great, but for me it’s about my overall budget and distributing that across all of my needs.

Amazer

FNG
I have the Megahorn 4P with stove jack for the last three years. I use a Lite Outdoors titanium stove in it and have about 60 nights in it so far. I either 4 wheel or canoe it in to my hunting areas. It has held up great and I have had no big issues. Condensations can be a problem as with any tipi but fire up the stove and now it is not a problem anymore. had it down to 0 degrees, lite snow, rain for several days and winds 30-50 mphs. So far it has been a great purchase and I am now looking a getting a smaller lighter one for my backpacking hunts.

drdrop

FNG
Luxe is a terrible company that refuses to honor their 1 year warranty. I was 14 miles from a trailhead in a wind storm when stitching tore on the snow skirt of my octopeak tipi. That allowed wind to enter the tipi, causing a collapse. Many contents inside blew out, including a sleeping bag and two sleeping pads. We retrieved them, and the sleeping pads punctured, but luckily it didn't get cold enough that we depended on them to keep warm. Consequences could have been devastating if rain was thrown into the fray. If you take trips into the backcountry and depend on a shelter for your safety, I wouldn't go with Luxe.

Sirot

FNG
I was reading a rediculous amounts of reviews and comparisons between Seek Outside Silvertip and LUXE V4 and that ended with the result that more seemed pleased with the Silvertip. No facts just from reading around for hours. One thing they seem to have incommon is that they seem to be great tents both of them. :)

drdrop

FNG
I was reading a rediculous amounts of reviews and comparisons between Seek Outside Silvertip and LUXE V4 and that ended with the result that more seemed pleased with the Silvertip. No facts just from reading around for hours. One thing they seem to have incommon is that they seem to be great tents both of them. :)
I don't think they're even comparable, especially considering Luxe effectively has 0 warranty and a product that is prone to failure.

I have the rocket xl and have had in 40mph winds, hale, rain blah blah blah.
It works. Yes I seam sealed mine(I actually enjoy seam sealing.
The stiching on mine is top notch. Material was thicker then I thought it would be.
It was CHEAP. I didn't expect much.

It needs guy out points on the side. Not necessarily for wind but for extra room inside.

Running a stove in this also isn't necessarily something you want to do. It gets quite crowded enough with gear.

I wouldn't buy a tipi from them.

Luxe in USA is a distributor for a Chinese manufacturer.