Luxe tipi, any one run them?

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my tent from the Walmart special I have laying around. I do want to keep it within my budget, and the luxe tipis seem to be a decent fit around $200. Just wondering if any of you have experience with them

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
There were a few threads on them a couple months back with some issues with Luxe. A quick search should pull them up. I almost bought one shortly before guys mentioned those issues. Ex. Tents showing up with holes and customer service refusing repairs. Needless to say it scared me away.

Although I think some folks have had good luck. Must be hit or miss.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
In a similar price range and from a company with a better customer service track record I would look at lite outdoors. I have a plateau and it seems really well built.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Usi05

WKR
I had one that I used for trout opening weekend and it was solid. I traded it for supertarp but only because the hexpeak was a tighter fight for 2 people than I expected.

Structure and such was fine.

If I had to go budget though I would just run the mountain shelter lt. Can get em new for less than $100 all the time. I got my last one new for $68.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medic727

FNG
I have a luxe minipeak. The cuts are a little wonky which makes it pitch a little wonky. This has been merely cosmetic for me. At the time I had limited budget and other than being ugly, its been a solid option for the price. I think it was 75$.

Luxe used to be a sponsor here on Rokslide until a customer had a warranty issue with a just received brand new tent in which Luxe refused to help out. The customer posted here and admin contacted Luxe. Luxe chose to not help the customer and leave Rokslide as a sponsor.

I have the Mini-Peak I bought it in 2017, spent 4 days in a steady downpour and didn't have any issues. I carried it in 2018 as a just in case but didn't need it. I wonder if the older ones were better made since I haven't had any issues. It was 80.00 I think so I'll keep it as an option but I am looking at getting something bigger, probably from Seek outside

archp625

WKR
What worries me about them is once you take is out of the original packaging you cannot return it. How do you know its what you want and the quality is good unless you take it out to examine it. I would rather spend more money and get a tried and true SO.

Lee443

FNG
This is disappointing to hear. I was considering trying one of their teepees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
Yeah, I was looking at their stuff for a while. After reading their own return policy and the numerous bad experiences on here, it was an easy pass.

I purchased the mini-peak a few months ago for an up coming September Colorado elk hunt. I’ve set it up a few times as well as seam sealed it. I have not noticed any issues with the tent. Easy and quick to setup. Will be my first go with a floorless tent as well as elk hunting.

CO-AJ

WKR
I concur with many posts above. When I was looking for something new I stumbled upon Luxe as well which peaked my interest as they were the design I liked with the stove jack. Too many comments about holes, shoddy sewing, and poor customer service. Granted for the price I am paying for my Seek Outside I could buy 4-5 Luxe tents, but the quality and customer service of Seek, plus the fact they are all made in the USA made the decision easy. I went with the Seek Cimarron in DCF.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I concur with many posts above. When I was looking for something new I stumbled upon Luxe as well which peaked my interest as they were the design I liked with the stove jack. Too many comments about holes, shoddy sewing, and poor customer service. Granted for the price I am paying for my Seek Outside I could buy 4-5 Luxe tents, but the quality and customer service of Seek, plus the fact they are all made in the USA made the decision easy. I went with the Seek Cimarron in DCF.

And with SO, you can PM the owner right here and get a response back the same day. I've sent Kevin several messages and always get a helpful, quick response.

I know it's not always in the budget for everyone, but I'd reccommend Seek Outside if there is a way to swing it. Like my silex so much, I'll be buying a redcliff and stove in the next few weeks.

xcutter

WKR
I recently purchased the Minipeak Pyramid Tent from Luxe. I purchased before these threads had came out about the poor customer service and quality. I always try to buy USA made products when my budget allows. I must have got lucky as my tent looks excellent. I couldn't believe how nice the quality is for the price I paid. I did go ahead and seam seal it. For the money it might be worth the gamble? Sucks they are made in China though.

GG9

FNG
Luxe used to be a sponsor here on Rokslide until a customer had a warranty issue with a just received brand new tent in which Luxe refused to help out. The customer posted here and admin contacted Luxe. Luxe chose to not help the customer and leave Rokslide as a sponsor.

Holy smokes! That is ridiculous!

drdrop

FNG
I second the poor customer service by Luxe. I bought the octopeak this past year for a deep, 14 mile one-way trek backcountry elk hunt. During a wind storm, stiching tore, causing the whole tipi to collapse and various contents inside to blow away, including a sleeping bag and two pads. We luckily recovered them, but our sleeping pads were punctured. Luckily we didn't have to depend on sleeping pads to keep warm at night, but this could have been devastating if rain or snow was thrown into the fray. Luxe wouldn't honor their 1 year warranty. I wish I had bought a Seek Outside product instead of trying to save a few dollars.

GG9

FNG
What was their reason for not honoring the warranty? Just curious what they said. I swore off luxe when I read the story about a member here had trouble and then rokslide stepped in.

drdrop

FNG
What was their reason for not honoring the warranty? Just curious what they said. I swore off luxe when I read the story about a member here had trouble and then rokslide stepped in.
Luxe responses were fairly cryptic despite my pointed requests for warranty by stating how I thought the failed Luxe Octopeak snow skirt stiching merited a warranty. Their responses were almost exactly the same, a link to the warranty page, and the following text: "We recommend making the repair locally."

Luxe never explained why my tent's stitching failure did not qualify for warranty, which is what really rubbed me the wrong way.