Luxe Tipis

jmike

FNG
Me and my crew have placed 3 separate orders thru Luxe and never had any issues. 2 tents and and a floor liner. Sounds like it was partly due to UPS.

Good luck

Me and my crew have placed 3 separate orders thru Luxe and never had any issues. 2 tents and and a floor liner. Sounds like it was partly due to UPS.

Good luck

Have you had good luck with luxe? Has it handled wind and rain well?

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
Luxe handles the wind and rain just like most other TIPIS. Just by its design, it's going to do a great job bucking the wind. I have the hexpeak XL and had it in over 40MPH winds in the North Cascades and it did really well. If you get absolutely dumped on with rain, you will have to tighten up the tent a little bit, but that's pretty standard across most tents. The fact that LUXE got on here and said they gave the guy a full refund i think is pretty awesome. That guy is getting a 300 dollar stove for free now if he doesn't do the right thing and return it once it gets there. Who knows..... I like luxe and have personally gone to their store and they're nothing short of great guys and are there to help you get into the game of floorless shelters. No it's not made in the US, but who cares. Not many people are going to be using these shelters more than a few days a year. I think LUXE fits a segment of hunters not willing to put up 500 plus bucks for a shelter. PM me if you want more info or pictures. Unfortunately hunting is becoming a microcosm of society to where there is a monetary/brand standard that you need to stick too in order to be a part of the Bro/Elite bad boy club. Whatever it takes to get out in the woods and hunt is what you should do.

Luxe handles the wind and rain just like most other TIPIS. Just by its design, it's going to do a great job bucking the wind. I have the hexpeak XL and had it in over 40MPH winds in the North Cascades and it did really well. If you get absolutely dumped on with rain, you will have to tighten up the tent a little bit, but that's pretty standard across most tents. The fact that LUXE got on here and said they gave the guy a full refund i think is pretty awesome. That guy is getting a 300 dollar stove for free now if he doesn't do the right thing and return it once it gets there. Who knows..... I like luxe and have personally gone to their store and they're nothing short of great guys and are there to help you get into the game of floorless shelters. No it's not made in the US, but who cares. Not many people are going to be using these shelters more than a few days a year. I think LUXE fits a segment of hunters not willing to put up 500 plus bucks for a shelter. PM me if you want more info or pictures. Unfortunately hunting is becoming a microcosm of society to where there is a monetary/brand standard that you need to stick too in order to be a part of the Bro/Elite bad boy club. Whatever it takes to get out in the woods and hunt is what you should do.
I agree with a lot of your post. Where you lost me was when you said who cares if it’s made in the USA or not. I care. As do a lot of people who buy hunting gear. I’m not saying I don’t have any made in China hunting gear but to say “who cares”, that I strongly disagree with.

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with a lot of your post. Where you lost me was when you said who cares if it’s made in the USA or not. I care. As do a lot of people who buy hunting gear. I’m not saying I don’t have any made in China hunting gear but to say “who cares”, that I strongly disagree with.
We're going to have to respectfully disagree then. I just think that the price point of American made is too rich for the majority of us first getting into the hunting game. I would love to be able to buy SO, Kifaru, Stone Glacier, ETC, but i don't make that kind of money to justify the prices they want. Do i support those companies, absolutely i do with some gear, but putting up hundreds and sometimes a thousand bucks on a shelter is out of most peoples grasp, so having something made overseas is the way to go. It doesn't make it inferior, it just makes it less expensive. The goal is to get new people into hunting at a low cost and Luxe hits that price point. They're by no means inferior, they just have cheaper labor so therefore they pass the savings on to the consumer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
We're going to have to respectfully disagree then. I just think that the price point of American made is too rich for the majority of us first getting into the hunting game. I would love to be able to buy SO, Kifaru, Stone Glacier, ETC, but i don't make that kind of money to justify the prices they want. Do i support those companies, absolutely i do with some gear, but putting up hundreds and sometimes a thousand bucks on a shelter is out of most peoples grasp, so having something made overseas is the way to go. It doesn't make it inferior, it just makes it less expensive. The goal is to get new people into hunting at a low cost and Luxe hits that price point. They're by no means inferior, they just have cheaper labor so therefore they pass the savings on to the consumer.
Wrong. They don't use the same materials that the US companies do and that's a well established fact. You get a rip or tear in your Luxe tipi you better be quick to get on it or it'll get shredded. They only offered up a refund after they were called out publicly on their lack of response to the customer. That isn't great CS, that's trying to save face. It isn't some bro society that keeps Seek and Kifaru in business. It's a well established history of making bomber gear and outstanding CS that have separated them from the pack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
Wrong. They don't use the same materials that the US companies do and that's a well established fact. You get a rip or tear in your Luxe tipi you better be quick to get on it or it'll get shredded. They only offered up a refund after they were called out publicly on their lack of response to the customer. That isn't great CS, that's trying to save face. It isn't some bro society that keeps Seek and Kifaru in business. It's a well established history of making bomber gear and outstanding CS that have separated them from the pack.

So you're saying that SO and Kifaru tents will hold up with a tear in them vs Luxe being shredded? Please show me your proof of any of these claims from you personally and not some internet warrior from another thread. Like i've said , I support Seek, Kifaru, ETC, but they're very expensive and Luxe makes a floorless shelter at a price point for those that care about how much they spend, or don't want to spend a ton of money to get into the game. No one is trashing those companies, i'm just calling a cow a cow. Im sure SO and Kifaru have great warranties and customer service, but you also pay a 100 percent premium to get those things. All the sponshorships that Seek, Kifaru ETC give out costs money, and guess who that money gets passed onto....BINGO the customer. It's simple business. Luxe makes a TIPI at a price point for the person who wants to get into the hunting/camping game without spending an arm and a leg. I personally don't care what company anyone uses, as long as they're getting out into the woods supporting conservation effots. It's a Ford Vs Chevy Vs Toyota Vs Kia argument. No one is going to win.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So you're saying that SO and Kifaru tents will hold up with a tear in them vs Luxe being shredded? Please show me your proof of any of these claims from you personally and not some internet warrior from another thread. Like i've said , I support Seek, Kifaru, ETC, but they're very expensive and Luxe makes a floorless shelter at a price point for those that care about how much they spend, or don't want to spend a ton of money to get into the game. No one is trashing those companies, i'm just calling a cow a cow. Im sure SO and Kifaru have great warranties and customer service, but you also pay a 100 percent premium to get those things. All the sponshorships that Seek, Kifaru ETC give out costs money, and guess who that money gets passed onto....BINGO the customer. It's simple business. Luxe makes a TIPI at a price point for the person who wants to get into the hunting/camping game without spending an arm and a leg. I personally don't care what company anyone uses, as long as they're getting out into the woods supporting conservation effots. It's a Ford Vs Chevy Vs Toyota Vs Kia argument. No one is going to win.
You act like we haven't had hands on with all of these different shelters and that's laughable. I have a couple of friends who have (had) Luxe tipis. Played around with them first hand, and discussed them with them face to face. Been there done that. It's a cheaper material, that's how they are meeting their price point. It's a higher denier count, but an inferior fabric. You don't need to get all worked up about it, if you like yours, great. But don't think for a second that they are on the same quality level as the Seek and Kifaru shelters. It's apples to oranges. Luxe builds shelters that were intended to hit a certain price and performance point, and they did that. If they fit someone's budget, then so be it. Only the person buying the gear can determine their budget vs performance needs.

^^^^^ 100% agree, and this is coming from a Luxe tipi owner. As I posted earlier in this thread, Luxe's non response to the OP until being called out here is rather disturbing. It is making me rethink about purchasing from them in the future.

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
You act like we haven't had hands on with all of these different shelters and that's laughable. I have a couple of friends who have (had) Luxe tipis. Played around with them first hand, and discussed them with them face to face. Been there done that. It's a cheaper material, that's how they are meeting their price point. It's a higher denier count, but an inferior fabric. You don't need to get all worked up about it, if you like yours, great. But don't think for a second that they are on the same quality level as the Seek and Kifaru shelters. It's apples to oranges. Luxe builds shelters that were intended to hit a certain price and performance point, and they did that. If they fit someone's budget, then so be it. Only the person buying the gear can determine their budget vs performance needs.

Sneaky, no worries man. I don't take offense to any of this stuff. I like that it's a civil conversation and we all have different inputs.

Yes, it is unfortunate that UPS does not know where your stove order is. It's one of those perfect storm scherious on what is going on globally right now. We would have shipped you a new stove long ago, but there is none for the last few weeks, because of a backorder issue. :-(

We have issued a full refund for your lost item. Enjoy your new stove, if and when it shows up.

Pro Tip: Do not ship things Ground right now when ordering any hunting gear from any company. Pay for the extra Air shipping options. This will prevent your order from sitting in the middle of the US in a train somewhere.

Well, thank you for responding to me on this forum, although it is quite disappointing that it takes a post in a highly respected site such as this to get one’s full attention. And to the refund you mention..... no refund has been received like you have mentioned twice now. I have now consulted my credit card company and pursuing that course of action. And pertaining to the the back order of stoves, that was never mentioned before. How convenient? UPS is UPS, not my first rodeo. Luxe’s terrible customer service, lack of empathy, and low quality of doing business is at the forefront, not UPS. Take a look at Facebook, yelp, and other sites about this company folks. I wish I would have done my research more thoroughly. To those with good experiences with them, I’m happy for you. Luxe, I hope you learn from these types of interactions, and if you don’t, hopefully your families don’t need the business and others aren’t out anything. I hope nothing but the best for you, however we will never conduct business with each other ever again.

Trr15

WKR
Ah, crap. I just ordered a couple nests from Luxe. Wish I’d have seen this thread sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20% cheaper for a Chinese-made, lesser material, 27% heavier, one year warranty vs. Lifetime, lighter, USA made, great resale value tent.

From a post I just made on the other Luxe thread:

Cimarron vs. Octopeak

Some folks have quoted a price difference of "2-3 times as much", but for comparable tents it's 20% less, not 1/3 the price.

For that money I'm going with a company that manufactures their tents in the USA and has a warranty comparable to the price. I also get a sod skirt standard for my money, along with continuous product improvement and development. And then there is the resale value, where guys sell them USED for nearly what they paid new as the season approaches. Luxe canopy is 10.6 oz heavier (comparing Cimarron with Octopeak). Octopeak 70 square feet vs. Cimarron 94 square feet. Same height.

WARRANTY
Luxe: One year warranty, for original owner only
SO: Lifetime

Ultimately penny foolish to me.

Last edited:

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad I read this post because I was going to pull the trigger on Luxe. Not going to happen now, you don't wait until being called out on a forum to do the right thing. Making a customer wait a month to have his order refunded, through no fault of his own, is tacky, unprofessional, and straight up bullshit. Doesn't matter how you cut it, terrible way to treat anyone, let alone a customer.
I will wait until US manufactured Kifaru comes back online and send my money to a guy that posts his cell number to make sure you are happy.

Last edited:
Considering what CHINA did to our country I'm going to try and shy away from china made products as much as I can.

isu22andy

WKR
For alot of people myself included a 400 dollar tipi vs 8- 1000 dollar tipi is the price of a tag. 5-6-700 dollar difference. Ill support USA Companies as much as possible but when your running tight on your money sometimes buying the China product to go hunting instead of taking a year off cause you cant afford the tag is the way to go.