Luxe Tipis

For alot of people myself included a 400 dollar tipi vs 8- 1000 dollar tipi is the price of a tag. 5-6-700 dollar difference. Ill support USA Companies as much as possible but when your running tight on your money sometimes buying the China product to go hunting instead of taking a year off cause you cant afford the tag is the way to go.

Absolutely nothing wrong with staying within your budget...it's the ONLY smart thing to do. I joined this thread, however, to point out that for several similar tents the savings is not 50% or more. The Octaplex is similar (actually slightly less real estate) to the Cimarron. And it is only 20% cheaper. And you get the sod skirt with the Cimarron at no extra cost. And you get a lifetime warranty. And it's made in the USA. And buying used it costs the same or less than a new Octaplex. So just wanted to set the record straight that the Chinese made stuff is probably making a larger profit for the middle man compared to the innovative folks at Seek Outside who design, develop, build, repair, and improve their own products right here in the USA.

Having said that, there can be some great deals on used Luxe tents here. And for anyone to take advantage of that due to a budget, there is nothing wrong with that. But is it really the best fiscal move in the long term?

Last edited:

mlgc20

WKR
Ultimately, I decided not to go with Luxe because of their return policy. You can only return unopened merchandise. Once you setup the tent in your living room, you can’t return it. I was looking at their Hercules tent. But, since I couldn’t set it up and ensure it would work for us, I went another direction. Couldn’t take that chance with a $600 tent.

Usi05

WKR
I purchased a hex peak a week ago. Was shipped to me in 2 business days which was nice.

Didn’t come with sealer but I sealed it earlier this week and slept in it last night night in rain without issue.

Hexpeak is perfect for one and gear. My girl thought I should have gotten hexpeak xl so she would fit with gear as well.

Seems pretty solid for price. Wish I could swap it for hexpeak xl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^ 100% agree, and this is coming from a Luxe tipi owner. As I posted earlier in this thread, Luxe's non response to the OP until being called out here is rather disturbing. It is making me rethink about purchasing from them in the future.
Is it their place to respond to every single criticism? No emails were shared, so it’s truly a he said they said situation. Looks like the package was shipped ground. I’ve waited two months for a ground shipped item. Sometimes the customer has to high of expectations or what not. Seems like they offered a full refund without the item. Company shouldn’t be liable for shipping company errors.

Is it their place to respond to every single criticism? No emails were shared, so it’s truly a he said they said situation. Looks like the package was shipped ground. I’ve waited two months for a ground shipped item. Sometimes the customer has to high of expectations or what not. Seems like they offered a full refund without the item. Company shouldn’t be liable for shipping company errors.

Considering Luxe responded here without disputing a single thing the OP stated here in this thread, I can reasonably presume (not assume) that the OP's statements were true. As such, Luxe decided to not respond to the OP. In my state, despite where the product was shipped from, Luxe is responsible for product arrival. So, Luxe deciding to no longer reply, is simply unacceptable. Luxe not responding until being called-out here on RS is unacceptable customer service. Furthermore, I imagine Luxe may have realized that they may have been liable. That combined with the bad publicity Luxe brought upon themselves obviously made Luxe wakeup and decided to finally do the right thing. Hopefully, if the OP ever gets the product, he will do the right thing by either returning it, or paying for it if he decides to keep it.

It is not a matter of Luxe needing to respond to "every criticism", it is a matter of providing actual customer service, instead of ignoring the customer. In this case Luxe simply failed the OP, until he deservingly called Luxe out here.

Maybe they chose not to drag a dispute out in the open?
it’s always a he said they said situation unless we see the emails and the texts etc...

dude bought something and had it shipped ground...to save a few bucks. Everything has shut down or at least slowed down.
Some reason I think there is more to this story.
I will say, I’ll be reluctant to buy a luxe item due to this, but not going to put them in my do not buy from list. I’m a tigoat owner, so I’m good in the tipi category.

Elite

WKR
I have had really good luck with my luxe Hexpeak. It is my go to solo shelter. Going to be trying out the new SO u turn stove this weekend coming up in it. Going to be ordering the octopeak tent also soon. They seemed to be very helpful when I emailed and called asking about setting up the tent the right way.
b2729e69668139781dfe35c8432b9cf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
I placed an order from Luxe Hiking Gear on April 1st, received shipping confirmation the same day and it was delivered April 3rd. I chose USPS Priority Mail, which always my preference. It is not perfect but I have found it to be the most reliable. I avoid UPS ground if at all possible and Luxe provides the customer shipping options to choose from. With current conditions I dont doubt that UPS is overwhelmed with missing packages.

Okhotnik

WKR
I placed an order from Luxe Hiking Gear on April 1st, received shipping confirmation the same day and it was delivered April 3rd. I chose USPS Priority Mail, which always my preference. It is not perfect but I have found it to be the most reliable. I avoid UPS ground if at all possible and Luxe provides the customer shipping options to choose from. With current conditions I dont doubt that UPS is overwhelmed with missing packages.

Chose the cheaper shipping version during a pandemic. hmmmm

I recently got a Hexpeak xl with sod skirt and Pole, customer service was fine. They were on sale plus giving out a free 2.5 person nest. Great deal imo It set up easily and I am happy with it until I decide what exactly I want, the quality Is definatly not a SO but I seam sealed it and had no leaks or issues on my recent bear hunting trip That included heavy frost one morning and rain one night

True. Almost always you can ship with good old USPS. Add insurance and you are covered in most cases. I know there are anecdotes where the insurance didn't work for someone, but it worked 100% of the time for me. What actually matters is that they deliver it really fast nowadays, and they seldom lose or damage packages.

Mediocre Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I bought hr Megahorn 4 man last summer. 2 trips for deer hunting, at one point we solid rain for just over 12 hours and it was totally dry inside, on the second trip it was down into the low teens at night and we were totally comfy. it works fine for 2 guys and gear

I am running the Seek Outside XL stove and love it.

My partner just got the Megahorn XL 8 man for November elk hunt, yea its a little more weight but the comfort factor is well worth it.
I have a mega horn sitting in the cart right now. Can you tell me we’re you able to back pack in with this tent or were you using this primarily by the truck?

I just ran the Hexpeak XL for the first time this spring on a bear hunt and love it. Easy pitch, lots of room for two guys and a stove as well as some gear. Great option for the price in my opinion

Attachments

• 9F4D24DF-2A35-49F6-BD93-4FF0E17EAADA.jpeg
    9F4D24DF-2A35-49F6-BD93-4FF0E17EAADA.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 47

TBHasler

WKR
I have a mega horn sitting in the cart right now. Can you tell me we’re you able to back pack in with this tent or were you using this primarily by the truck?

I have the mega horn and it’s a great hot tent for 2 or handles 3 with gear and no stove well; however, I would not hike this puppy if camping off your back. If you’re hiking in to set up and spike from that point; it would work for that as a base camp, but it’s still about 5-6 lbs with poles and guys.

If you’re expecting any customer service from this outfit, search a couple recent threads and you’ll see some pretty piss poor CS from them. But I’ve got this and an XL pyramid style from them and they’re great for what they are and the price point but I’m not looking for any warranty support or service from them.
Good luck

drdrop

FNG
I bought a Luxe Octopeak for a backcountry pack trip and fully regret it. Stitching failed on one side of the Luxe Octopeak during a day time wind storm, which caused a collapse and many contents inside our tipi to blow away. This included punctures in our sleeping pads. Luckily, conditions didn't get cold enough to have to depend on our sleeping pads to stay warm at night. The worst was Luxe wouldn't stand up to their product despite the 1 year warranty. If you are headed to the backcountry and depend on a shelter, don't make it a Luxe.