luxury item- food

Logan T

WKR
My mother made breakfast burritos one year before going on a summer fishing trip where we took horses in. Everything was pre cooked before we hit the hills, and all we had to do was heat them up. Now me and my buddies usually make up 1 or 2 breakfast burritos before heading in the hills, depending on how long the trip is. There's nothing like some real bacon or sausage and eggs wrapped in a real tortilla for breakfast when we have been eating granola and mountain house meals for a couple days!

My mother made breakfast burritos one year before going on a summer fishing trip where
we took horses in. Everything was pre cooked before we hit the hills, and all we had to do was heat them up. Now me and my buddies usually make up 1 or 2 breakfast burritos before heading in the hills, depending on how long the trip is. There's nothing like some real bacon or sausage and eggs wrapped in a real tortilla for breakfast when we have been eating granola and mountain house meals for a couple days!

How long did they stay good for? Did you vac seal em ?

Snyd

WKR
On a 10 day backpack hunt I'll take a big bar of "celebration chocolate" to eat with sheep on a stick. I bring some real food in addition to mtn house, pwrbars,etc. Whole wheat bagels, peanut butter mixed with honey and/or some cheese/salami. Oh, and then there is the bag of ground french roast :D

TEmbry

WKR
Not a chocolate fan, and not an indulgence type of food guy either to be honest. I like packing variety of granola bars to eat throughout day if that counts. Quaker chewy bars and my weakspot

Logan T

WKR
How long did they stay good for? Did you vac seal em ?

We have been going on 5 day trips in the summer for the past 6 years, and having only the breakfast burritos for breakfast. They have never gone bad on us, I'm sure they will like all food eventually, but I don't know when they will. Everything is cooked and wrapped in the tortilla, then wrapped in wax paper and then aluminum foil, and then frozen. We haven't ever vacuum sealed them. They seem to stay frozen for a 2-3 days after we are in the field, depending on temps.

I love havin them, no mess, they are already made, cooked and put together before we head out, so all we do is heat them up and the keep us filled a lot longer than any breakfast I've found that is made for backpacking. And the seem to fit easier in the pack than some foods, without any real worry of smashing them. I love bacon, but the sausage seems to taste better after being frozen with the eggs and cheese.

bigfish b.c

Lil-Rokslider
mountain house rasberry cookie crumble is great,we pack mini bagels & peanut butter in the little restaurant packs for breakfast.

fillthefreazer where do you get your landjaeger at?
I love the landjaeger, when i head east i always stop at owens in cle elum!

anyone who carries bavarian meats brand landjaeger is my fav, the spicy ones. i get them from green valley meats or if im up north i hit andals meat in mt vernon

Shrek

WKR
That would be bacon, whiskey is at the top. :D

Au contraire mi amigo , bacon is just above the whisky. Whiskey will keep you warm, help you sleep like the dead , erase all the aches and pains of a days hard climb , help you shoot like Robinhood , AND make you better looking and you wife or girlfriend into a swimsuit model....Bacon just tastes good and makes you fat !

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've packed cheeseburgers and burritos before. They taste better everyday out there. I also take fruit snacks sometimes even though they don't make weight.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
Dark chocolate stored with my hydration pouch to keep it cool and washed down with a nip of good scotch. I like expensive scotch in the back country. Its the easiest way to make 3 oz. last 5 days.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
I've packed cheeseburgers and burritos before. They taste better everyday out there. I also take fruit snacks sometimes even though they don't make weight.

if your holding out on cheeseburgers up there Justin I swear to .....

2rocky

WKR
Dried Mango. 160 calories in 1.5 oz...

Welches fruit snacks.

BP desserts for sure.