Lyme Disease & Ticks - What's your experience?

Coldtrail

WKR
I remember when I was a kid my Moms friend, who was a nurse would tell a story about having to dig a tick out of the tip of a guys unit.. Still makes me cringe when I think of ticks haha.

This needs to be moved to the "Creepy Experiences In The Backcountry" thread.........

bigv

Lil-Rokslider
I contracted lymes while bear hunting in northern MN 8-9yrs ago. Not sure if got it from bear I harvested or just from field/forest? Worst experience of my life. Battled it on and off for about 3 1/2 years. It destroyed my neurological system. Had brain fogs, vision issues, weakness, dizziness and joint issues. Nothing seemed to help. Doxy did nothing for me. Caught it fairly early (2 wks) too. After several months of suffering on doxy I went to a orthopedic dr for old injuries and happened to tell him about my lymes issues. He was a savior. Said his son got in on vaca in CT. Said doxy isnt good enough. Meds need to break brain barrier. He put me on an 8wk pic line drug called rosephin i think. I slowly improved. I mean slowly. Am pretty good now for several years. However, I do get flair ups. If I get really run down or even ill from a cold or something....once in awhile a past symptom may pop up for a day or two. Lymes is horrible and I'm saddened that our medical community hasn't put more efforts in to eliminating it.

I contracted lymes while bear hunting in northern MN 8-9yrs ago. Not sure if got it from bear I harvested or just from field/forest? Worst experience of my life. Battled it on and off for about 3 1/2 years. It destroyed my neurological system. Had brain fogs, vision issues, weakness, dizziness and joint issues. Nothing seemed to help. Doxy did nothing for me. Caught it fairly early (2 wks) too. After several months of suffering on doxy I went to a orthopedic dr for old injuries and happened to tell him about my lymes issues. He was a savior. Said his son got in on vaca in CT. Said doxy isnt good enough. Meds need to break brain barrier. He put me on an 8wk pic line drug called rosephin i think. I slowly improved. I mean slowly. Am pretty good now for several years. However, I do get flair ups. If I get really run down or even ill from a cold or something....once in awhile a past symptom may pop up for a day or two. Lymes is horrible and I'm saddened that our medical community hasn't put more efforts in to eliminating it.
Have you looked into the history of Lyme?
It's very odd and very interesting.
It'll leave you extremely p*ssed off... anyway.

I might have Lyme, we think but I have little to no issues these days. The wife has Lyme and has more, that follow her hormonal cycle.

Anyway I mention this as you're struggling so I have a recommendation for you: www.evenbrand.com

Good luck to you.