M70 Compact in 7mm-08

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoyed taking this rifle out over the weekend. Finally got it on a deer. It was noticeably handier in the tree stand being a compact. It is chambered in 7mm-08.

I have had this rifle a long time and my 24” sporter barrel 30-06 settles in more stable so I’ve been using it for a while. I’m thrilled this little guy finally got a deer.

goheezfan

FNG
Beautiful gun! I think this is the next caliber gun I want to buy, but I'm concerned with ammo availability.

OP
blgoode

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few 100 rounds but yes. That may be an issue for sure with finding ammo.

LaGriz

WKR
Handsome M-70,

Is this a post-64 push feed model or a new classic with CRF? Any idea what year it was made? Great little round. While at the range whenever my 280 Mt. Rifle slaps me and the barrel jumps so, I wonder if a 7mm-08 would kill just as clean. I have taken most of my game with the .280 because I have owned it the longest. If one had to own only one rifle for all species, I would recommend .280 Rem or .280 AI. If one had a two rifle battery with one designated for elk, moose and the other for deer +pronghorns, this would be a top choice. I have never met an owner who regretted owning one.

LaGriz

OP
blgoode

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
This is a 2012 FN produced Control Feed model. I have 2 others in different calibers that are 2013 models. I love them all. Great users and shoot tighter groups than I can hold.