M96 Mauser 6.5x55 Swede

#publiclands

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about selling or trading my Swede. Not sure what the current market or interest is for these rifles. Anyone have any idea what would be a good price to ask? I was thinking 650.00. It has all matching serial numbers and is in good condition. Is missing cleaning rod, disc, and leather shoulder strap. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
check to see if any are selling or have sold on gunbroker
i've seen a few current generation T3/T3x tikkas going for around or above MSRP because things in 6.5x55 haven't been in production lately. and those of us who like the caliber tend to really like the caliber...

OP
P

#publiclands

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve looked at the sales on Gunbroker and it really varies with these old rifles. Maybe more dependent on collector value vs shooter value? Therefore it’s Hard to pinpoint a solid asking price.

I had one still in cosmoline that I bought in '93 for $89 from a friend. Sure wish I still had that rifle. LOL

As with anything, it's worth whatever someone is will to pay for it. Guns like that one, if it's been used, are hard to judge tbh.

OP
P

#publiclands

Lil-Rokslider
I had one still in cosmoline that I bought in '93 for $89 from a friend. Sure wish I still had that rifle. LOL

As with anything, it's worth whatever someone is will to pay for it. Guns like that one, if it's been used, are hard to judge tbh.
That’s true. Yup it’s very hard to judge and put a asking price on it.