MADE IN THE USA LIST

mrgreen

WKR
My list is mostly covered in the lists by K1United and AK Troutbum. I can add Winkler and ScrapYard knives, also food by Outdoor Pantry.

Mt Al

WKR
Simms waders

Red Oxx Duffels/Luggage

(for womenz) Red Ants Pants

FHF Gear

Love this list!

Winston fly rods, Scott fly rods, T&T fly rods, Cooper rifles, all Nosler products, White’s boots, Frank’s boots, Nick’s boots, and Wesco boots are all made in the USA. I have a lot of Filson wool clothing that was made in Seattle. When they started outsourcing to other countries I stopped buying their products. I recently started buying Bemidji wool clothing.

ODB

WKR
“Made in America” is a hard thing to quantify. Just look into “Buy America” and “Buy American” regulations, even they are different beasts.

I can’t help but think this debacle will encourage companies to stay in the US, but we built a global system - hard to pull back from it.

AlaskaEd

WKR
Leopold scopes and Gold Ring spotters
Kifaru - everything
Stone Glacier packs
Seek Outside - everything
Barneys packs
Benchmade knives
Spyderco Knives (the military, PM2, PM3, etc)
Trijicon optics
Darn Tough socks

I try to buy “Made in USA” for everything and will pay a premium as long as it’s better quality. Some things (clothing and electronics mainly) are nearly impossible to find made in the USA. Also, I feel Europe and Japan/Korea are a very close second, and sometimes superior, when a suitable USA made product isn’t available.

Last edited:

AlaskaEd

WKR
“Made in America” is a hard thing to quantify. Just look into “Buy America” and “Buy American” regulations, even they are different beasts.

Not hard to quantify, just hard to enforce, so a lot get away with it. Several big companies have had lawsuits and fines for trying to claim it when they shouldn’t have.

Now any other “XXX in America” (assembled, designed, engineered, etc) means nothing other than some part of the process happened here.

tdot

WKR
Outdoorsman
Really Right Stuff
Marsupial Gear
Hammer Bullets
Berger Bullets
ADG Brass
Lone Peak
McMillan Stocks
Triggertech triggers
Hells Canyon Barrels
XLR Industries
Hawkins Precision
Hodgdon Powder (some of it)

I think I've seen just about everything else i own on the other lists.

Reactions: XLR

ODB

WKR

Not hard to quantify, just hard to enforce, so a lot get away with it. Several big companies have had lawsuits and fines for trying to claim it when they shouldn’t have.

Now any other “XXX in America” (assembled, designed, engineered, etc) means nothing other than some part of the process happened here.

Look into Buy America and Buy American also.

Am well aware of how much of a pain in the ass it is. We spent more than 6 months fighting to have a made in USA label for a product. It’s not as easy as the link makes it sound. The more components from different suppliers the more complicated it is. You have to prove not only where metal is melted, but also the source of the melted metal. When shops use foreign and domestic courses for steel, you literally have to go batch by batch to know if it qualifies.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thunderbolt clothing out of Portland Oregon. Really wish they made a cargo version of those Dryskin pants though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Schnees pack boots. - Ruana knives. - Cooper Tires - MSR Snowshoes.
Nosler bullets - rifles - brass - Kahtoola Micro-spikes. - Lansky sharpening kit
Benchmade knives - Filson wool shirts - jackets - pants (Most of them). - RCBS reloading presses & dies. - Ruger firearms. - Cooper Firearms

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
This list is getting better and better. Remember that we vote with the dollars we spend. Drives me nuts to see the things that have been outsourced by companies that were great. It’s really really sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk