Made in USA Arrows?

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
Add a collar or outsert and you'll have the ability to kill multiple animals over several years w the same Axis stick that's made in The United States.

Zac

WKR
Yeah I think Easton is really your only option. Even some of their target options are produced in the Phillipines.

Here’s another option.
2fde41c2f8fedebfd3f07bc597bb61aa.jpg

162422520f2a2177475e25b40939a420.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beman has been an Easton shaft for a long time, if not always. Discontinued now. Pretty sure they are relabeled as the 6.5 mm or 6mm line. Whatever they are calling it.

Reactions: Zac

MattB

WKR
Beman has been an Easton shaft for a long time, if not always. Discontinued now. Pretty sure they are relabeled as the 6.5 mm or 6mm line. Whatever they are calling it.
Not always, but for a really long time. I think they may have been French (parent, not necessarily production) initially?

Not always, but for a really long time. I think they may have been French (parent, not necessarily production) initially?

Don't know. I shot until probably 2005, haven't paid them any attention since then. In fact I'm pretty certain my first carbons were Beman, remember those old outsert shafts? The ones everyone got away from once we could get sizes to for inserts. For some reason everyone now is going back to them. I didn't like them then, still not a fan.

Splurge and get the match grade Axis while you're at it.
Are they really worth it? I ask because I shoot the regular axis and wondered if I should switch now that I’m getting better. I found 2 out of my last dozen were slightly crooked but I just don’t use them to hunt.

S.Clancy

WKR
Add a collar or outsert and you'll have the ability to kill multiple animals over several years w the same Axis stick that's made in The United States.
I killed an antelope, elk, and recently a 2x4 (wood) this year with the same Axis 300 w/50 gr HIT insert. Those arrows are bulletproof

Reactions: bcv

Yooper

WKR
Are they really worth it? I ask because I shoot the regular axis and wondered if I should switch now that I’m getting better. I found 2 out of my last dozen were slightly crooked but I just don’t use them to hunt.
I've built probably five or six dozen regular Axis arrows. Most are usually pretty good but I almost always just cut off of both ends to get rid of any irregularities at the ends. The match grade are just so straight that I never worry about cutting both ends and all the other squaring bs. So to me they're well worth it.

I've built probably five or six dozen regular Axis arrows. Most are usually pretty good but I almost always just cut off of both ends to get rid of any irregularities at the ends. The match grade are just so straight that I never worry about cutting both ends and all the other squaring bs. So to me they're well worth it.

wouldn’t you just use the little squaring sander that comes with the inserts or an arrow squaring tool? How do the ends not being cut have anything to do with The straightness tolerance?

I spin mine to see if they aren’t straight and always square the ends since cutting is rarely ever clean.

wouldn’t you just use the little squaring sander that comes with the inserts or an arrow squaring tool? How do the ends not being cut have anything to do with The straightness tolerance?

I spin mine to see if they aren’t straight and always square the ends since cutting is rarely ever clean.
You have to get into there actual testing.
But they only use the best 28" of a shaft.
So let's say on the axis match .001 they could actually be .003 outside of the 28" and is still meets the cut.
Same with regular..003 could be up to .005.

So no if you actually check and cut down each regular grade arrow to the best 28" or less of
.003 I don't think most shooters will out shoot that.
For me I go thru about a dozen arrows a year. For me I go match grade as the extra $23 bucks a year or however much they cost is piece of mind for me.
But I also do not cut the best 28" out.
I don't switch brands of arrows around. Etc