Made in USA Boots?

I need to get a new pair of uninsulated boots pretty soon and I'd like them to be made in USA. What are the best options out there? Whites, Schnees, Kennetrek, Lathrop? There must be some more good ones out there?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
Franks, JK, Nicks, Whites, Hoffman....in about that order for me in terms of build quality. Hoffman is the best bang for the buck, but I prefer the above heel stacks and they will shank my boot how I desire.

I figure I have enough of each to call it like I see it.
In pac boots, Hoffman is the KING by a mile.
Screenshot_20220501-065214_Photos.jpg

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
Franks, JK, Nicks, Whites, Hoffman....in about that order for me in terms of build quality. Hoffman is the best bang for the buck, but I prefer the above heel stacks and they will shank my boot how I desire.

I figure I have enough of each to call it like I see it.
In pac boots, Hoffman is the KING by a mile.
View attachment 406496
I wear Hoffman meindl eureka ground boot steel toe for work… what’s the bottom left boot in your picture? Looks similar to what I wear but different upper?

Voyageur

WKR
I've had a pair of Russell Thula Thula (sp?) boots for close to a decade now and they are still rock solid. I was warned before ordering that it might take some back and forth between the company and me to get the fit just right, and it did, but Russell's customer service was top notch. End result is a boot that fits like no other boot I've owned. This was 10 or so years ago, so I have no idea what the company is like now.

Wrench

WKR
I wear Hoffman meindl eureka ground boot steel toe for work… what’s the bottom left boot in your picture? Looks similar to what I wear but different upper?
That's a one of a kind Hoffman thst Jim sold me. It's a crispi that is modded by/for Hoffman.....that's a steel toe also.

OP
D
Those all look pretty solid! Though I'm looking for more of a light to medium hiker than a work boot.

Wrench

WKR
The short one is a USA made Danner mountain light 2. I am typically not a Danner fanboy.....but that boot scratches an itch nobody else does.

Hoffman 6" explorer lights have served me well. I can chew through a soloman 4d gtx in one season but these are starting season 3 and they still look and feel great. I liked them so much I bought a second pair of the 8" with insulation for late season and ice fishing. Eyeballing the famous pacs for next winter. Made in Italy, but Hoffman is a North Idaho company. USA made may not be the best idea for hunting boots. The Italian factories are putting out quality work.

OP
D
Looks like you guys are right...the style of Schnee's and Kenetrek I'm interested in are both made in Italy.

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a pair of Russell Thula Thula (sp?) boots for close to a decade now and they are still rock solid. I was warned before ordering that it might take some back and forth between the company and me to get the fit just right, and it did, but Russell's customer service was top notch. End result is a boot that fits like no other boot I've owned. This was 10 or so years ago, so I have no idea what the company is like now.
How many days a year do you wear them? I've been looking at their mountain hunters. Thats pretty damn solid getting a decade out of a pair of boots.

2buffalo

Lil-Rokslider
Limmer boots arr made in NH. They have been around forever and are high quality.

EdP

WKR
I think you will find that most quality leather boots are made in Italy or another european country, perhaps Germany (Meindl) or Romania (Asolo).

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider