Magneto speed chronograph

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
What did you buy? I've been trying to figure out which chrono to go for. I like the quick setup of the magnetto speed but was leaning more towards a decent shoot through as well. I've heard good things about the new Caldwell.
My buddies Caldwell seems to be hit and miss, I bought the ProChrono DLX and it produced the same numbers that I was getting off Magneto and hasn't missed a reading as long as the diffusers are on. The bluetooth app is pretty slick for recording shot strings and adding load notes as well. For $120 I'm beyond happy with it.
20211018_151614.jpg

Ram94

WKR
+1 for the Prochrono DLX. Mine has yet to miss a reading and the numbers have been accurate as far out as I have shot. (600 yards)

Cannot say the same for the old Shooting Chrony I had before. What a waste of metal those things are.

My buddies Caldwell seems to be hit and miss, I bought the ProChrono DLX and it produced the same numbers that I was getting off Magneto and hasn't missed a reading as long as the diffusers are on. The bluetooth app is pretty slick for recording shot strings and adding load notes as well. For $120 I'm beyond happy with it.
View attachment 410717
Does he have the G2 model Caldwell? $120 is pretty reasonable I will have to look into that one i like the bluetooth functionality for sure!

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Does he have the G2 model Caldwell? $120 is pretty reasonable I will have to look into that one i like the bluetooth functionality for sure!
Not sure, I know that he's had better luck once it was properly set up at least 10' from the muzzle so it wasn't receiving blast. I think that's critical with any optical chrono though, little more finnicky to set up but again I've gotten very consistent results.

Not sure, I know that he's had better luck once it was properly set up at least 10' from the muzzle so it wasn't receiving blast. I think that's critical with any optical chrono though, little more finnicky to set up but again I've gotten very consistent results.
Is that ProChrono completely wireless then? If so that might be the one for me too.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Is that ProChrono completely wireless then? If so that might be the one for me too.
Yes the DLX is completely wireless, just a 9V for power. The unit records shot strings as well without using Bluetooth but like I said the app is pretty handy and user friendly.