Magnetospeed and chrono mount

MTtrout

WKR
I’ve read a few of you are using the Magnetospeed and aftermarket mounts. I’m looking specifically at the mount from wiser precision. Does the mount allow you to use the sporter with a suppressor or brake? Or do you still need the V3? I emailed wiser but haven’t heard back yet to confirm. Also, for those of you who run this setup, do you recommend it or still have issues with it?

Thanks

ID_Matt

WKR
I have always used my sporter with suppressor or brake and never had problems. I have used the wiser precision mount. It is good, but like mentioned above it is best suited for a long arca rail. You can use it on a pic or a short arca but then you lose the ability to use your bipod.

OP
MTtrout

MTtrout

WKR
Thanks for the info. That’s what I was picturing. Not sure I want to add a pic or arca rail to accommodate the mount at this point. I just picked up the sporter so will use it as is for now.

jaddair

FNG
I just bought an MK Machining mount, and their sporter adapter. I already had a sporter version but verified my groups went to pot when the chrono was mounted on the barrel, so I rarely used it.

Now, I love this MK Machining mount and will use the Magnetospeed all the time when doing load development. I just ran it for the first time this past weekend and got chrono data, while shooting .5 MOA groups at 200 yards. What a wonderful change!