Magnetospeed mount for tikka stock

Hey guys,

I have a MS sporter and just placed an order a few months ago for my first suppressor. Ordered a TBAC Ultra 7. I realize I won’t have the can in my hands for about a year, but I’m already think g ahead for potential issues running it with my MS sporter.

Seems like the bayonet on the sporter does not work well with a can. Some folks have modified the mount or just ran the bayonet with the rubber pad off the top of the can and no pad on the base of the bayonet. Others purchased a V3 bayonet which will work with a can.

Instead of buying a new V3 bayonet for $175, I’m thinking maybe it’s worth paying around the same for a magneto speed mount to use it off the stock which would avoid any POI shifts running it off the barrel.

Seems as though either the Wiser or the MK machining version only mount to an arca or pic rail, correct? I have a couple rifles I’m planning on using this on, and while some are chassis mounted guns with rails, I have a couple Tikkas in factory stock and no pic/arca rails attached.

I could mount an arca rail to the tikka, but I’d rather not. Trying to keep those as light as possible for hunting. If that’s the only option, I guess mounting an arca rail towards the middle of the stock won’t kill me as it could be used with my tripod, but if there’s options to avoid mounting more hardware on the stock, I’m all ears.

I’m also running a standard Harris bipod on most of my rifles, and just mounting it to the sling stud. That leaves me with more mounting issues if these mounts only work by adding rails.

Let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like you'd want a pretty damn stiff stock if you want to mount a MS to it consistently. Factory plastic tikka stocks aren't that stiff. It all sounds like a big PITA compared to going with a v3 bayonet, selling the MS and buying a Lab Radar, or just adding 15 FPS to your non-suppressed velocity for a ballistic solution and then verifying drops.

I’ll be curious to hear your solution as I’m getting my Ultra 7 in the next month or two, but haven’t bought an MS V3 yet. My T3x is in an Altitude cf stock, but it does seem like the cheapest way out for me is a V3 from the start...Lab Radar is nice, but I’m a one gunner and the V3 is already probably more than I’ll need once I’ve got some loads dialed in.

OP
F
Seems like you'd want a pretty damn stiff stock if you want to mount a MS to it consistently. Factory plastic tikka stocks aren't that stiff. It all sounds like a big PITA compared to going with a v3 bayonet, selling the MS and buying a Lab Radar, or just adding 15 FPS to your non-suppressed velocity for a ballistic solution and then verifying drops.

For a factory plastic stock, I actually find it to be pretty stiff. I debated many times regarding the pros and cons of buying an aftermarket stock, but the gun shoots amazing in the factory stock and it’s light. I was thinking of mounting it further back towards the mag well. But true, could be a PITA and more hassle over buying the V3 bayonet.

For a factory plastic stock, I actually find it to be pretty stiff. I debated many times regarding the pros and cons of buying an aftermarket stock, but the gun shoots amazing in the factory stock and it’s light. I was thinking of mounting it further back towards the mag well. But true, could be a PITA and more hassle over buying the V3 bayonet.

Yeah, they are pretty stiff for a factory plastic stock. The factory contact point makes them seem quite a bit stiffer compared to if you remove that and free float the barrel.

new2mud

FNG
I’m not familiar with the Tikka stocks, but for my HS Precision stock, I used a pic rail that goes where the two sling swivel studs are located. This is made by Seekins.
This piece of pic rail also has a slot in the nose for a sling swivel.

I place the Wiser Precision mount on the pic rail—works so well that I have collected velocity data on the last 2000 rounds I have shot through that rifle.

Surely someone makes a pic rail that replaces the sling studs on a Tikka stock?

If not, could you mount a short section of pic rail at 3 o’clock, even if you have to use t-nuts on the barrel channel side of the stock? The wiser mount utilizes a carbon fiber rod, so it is very lightweight and does not need to carry much stress.

OP
F
I’m not familiar with the Tikka stocks, but for my HS Precision stock, I used a pic rail that goes where the two sling swivel studs are located. This is made by Seekins.
This piece of pic rail also has a slot in the nose for a sling swivel.

I place the Wiser Precision mount on the pic rail—works so well that I have collected velocity data on the last 2000 rounds I have shot through that rifle.

Surely someone makes a pic rail that replaces the sling studs on a Tikka stock?

If not, could you mount a short section of pic rail at 3 o’clock, even if you have to use t-nuts on the barrel channel side of the stock? The wiser mount utilizes a carbon fiber rod, so it is very lightweight and does not need to carry much stress.

I think adding a pic rail with t nuts would be the way to go.