Magnus broadheads

OP
J
I tried the StaySharp jig setup because for some reason I cannot use the Lansky setup and don't have the steadiness needed for sharpening without a jig. The StaySharp got them shaving sharp in a few quick steps.
Just hear people say it has a wobble to it and it doesn't get the blade just the tip of the blade. How true it is I dunno.

MThuntr

WKR
No wobble for mine. there are instructions on how to get the main blade and the tip. If you don't get things setup correctly then you will ruin it. I practiced on several junk blades (damaged from going through deer and into the ground) and still ruined a new blade. All systems have a learning curve and after ruining blades with the Lansky system (due to my own ineptitudes :LOL: ) I decided to give this a go and so far so good.

Beendare

WKR
V shaped Chock sticks are the easiest/cheapest.

Next would be one of the small fine flat diamond stones....just concentrate on keeping the angle and go slow...these work fast.

Best; The Edge Pro...which is the best knife sharpening system I've found......and I have Gatco/Lansky...the edge pro kills it.

Use a sharpie on your blade edge, it will let you see where you are actually sharpening. Spend some time on it and you can learn, it's not difficult.

I do like the stay sharp holders tho, they just take a while.

OP
J
Well I'm between the lansky, kme or stay sharp. Leaning towards the lansky so i can also try to sharpen my knives. Just hope its idiot friendly. Lol

Last edited:
Thinking about picking up a Lansky, Should I go with the 3 stone or 5 stone?
I use a 5 stone but not for my broadheads. If my buzzcuts or hornets are so damged that I would need all five (resetting a bevel or similar) then I just replace the blade. I do use all 5 on my knives however. That said, go with the 5. Its nice to have the other stones.

Last edited:
I got the Magnus Black Hornet and use the Stay Sharp tool. It's simple, easy, and gets a heckuva edge on the head. Anyone else have issue with the broadhead making a rattle noise? I keep my arrows on my quiver when I shoot and even though the broadhead seems "tight" it rattles from the shock of the bow shooting. I got the Black Hornet with the bleeder blades and I think it is something about those bleeders that is causing the rattle. I have tried and tried and 3 out of the 6 i have do this no matter how much tightening or messing the head I do. I am about to move on to something different. It makes the bow super loud. Take the arrows off the VXR is dead quiet.