MagView Wireless Charging Plate - Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Issues

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had any issues with the MagView Wireless Charging plate and a bigger phone like a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra? I recently purchased a spotting scope and binocular adapter and got the wireless charging plate. The issue being, I think the phone is too heavy for the magnet / does not get a good connection with the wireless charging plate because my phone will literally just slide off of the magnet. The camera design on the S23 Ultra makes it extremely tough because when you zoom in, it changes the camera. So, the MagView works great when I am at zero zoom - the issues becomes anytime I try to zoom in / use a different camera and the plate does not get 100% contact with the magnet because of the camera design.

Maybe I have my plate on my phone wrong, so I wanted to check with others

Has anyone had any issues with the MagView Wireless Charging plate and a bigger phone like a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra? I recently purchased a spotting scope and binocular adapter and got the wireless charging plate. The issue being, I think the phone is too heavy for the magnet / does not get a good connection with the wireless charging plate because my phone will literally just slide off of the magnet. The camera design on the S23 Ultra makes it extremely tough because when you zoom in, it changes the camera. So, the MagView works great when I am at zero zoom - the issues becomes anytime I try to zoom in / use a different camera and the plate does not get 100% contact with the magnet because of the camera design.

Maybe I have my plate on my phone wrong, so I wanted to check with others
I have both and the reg plate is waaay stronger. Maybe buy two phone cases and put one on each.

OP
dmossu

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and the reg plate is waaay stronger. Maybe buy two phone cases and put one on each.
That is what I am thinking. I honestly only use it while hunting, so I thought about buying a cheap phone case from Amazon and using a regular charger for when I am hunting.

I tried the wireless plate too and it wouldn't hold my small iPhone 12 mini in place, it then broke into a million pieces when trying to remove it from my phone case, but the standard MagView plate works great.

OP
dmossu

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the wireless plate too and it wouldn't hold my small iPhone 12 mini in place, it then broke into a million pieces when trying to remove it from my phone case, but the standard MagView plate works great.
HA so needless to say it is not something that can be easily removed from my existing case

HA so needless to say it is not something that can be easily removed from my existing case
correct, I did email MagView with photos to make them aware that:
a) the charging plate is garbage & does not even hold a small iPhone 12mini in place
b) it broke into a million pieces when I tried to remove it.

Kudos to them they reimbursed me for the charging plate without me even asking.

OP
dmossu

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
correct, I did email MagView with photos to make them aware that:
a) the charging plate is garbage & does not even hold a small iPhone 12mini in place
b) it broke into a million pieces when I tried to remove it.

Kudos to them they reimbursed me for the charging plate without me even asking.
Great to know because I also have an email out to them asking about the charging plate not being able to hold my phone - so we will see what they say. I would be good if they would just send me a regular plate instead of any type of reimbursement. I just think it is useless now because it will not hold my phone - and the spotting scope adapter and the bino adapter are not cheap lol

Great to know because I also have an email out to them asking about the charging plate not being able to hold my phone - so we will see what they say. I would be good if they would just send me a regular plate instead of any type of reimbursement. I just think it is useless now because it will not hold my phone - and the spotting scope adapter and the bino adapter are not cheap lol
Also like to note that I didn't even purchase the S1 directly through MagView, I purchased the S1 and charging plate through expertvoice so it was all 50% off. I even included that in my email thanking them for supporting military/first responders and LEO and they still reimbursed me for the wireless charging plate even though it was only $7.50 it still speaks volume to their customer service.