Maine FNG

Hi Roksliders,
Headed to Montana in a few weeks for my first Western hunt. We've got 4 deer tags and an elk tag in our group. Looks to be a totally different style of hunting than we do in Maine, should be a great time regardless. Thanks for all the information you guys post on here, I've learned alot.

What part of Maine?? Just moved from machias Maine to Wyoming. Western hunting will be a completely different ball game. Walk as much as you can would be my advice

OP
H
Thanks for the advice. I’m in Gardiner, just outside Augusta. I used to live in Baileyville though, spent a lot of time in Machias.

Matdik

FNG
Welcome, I love Maine. Maybe in 50 years I will finally draw my Maine Bull Moose tag....

TC406

FNG
Another native Mainah heah. I’ve been in MT for 9 years now. Good luck on your hunt and keep us posted!

OP
H
Thanks TC406, I'll definitely keep ya posted. What part of Maine are you from?

Matdik, you draw a Maine bull moose tag and I'll guide you..... 1st season starts Monday, I'm headed up Friday to guide for the week. Also, if anyone on here wants info on the Maine moose hunt and lottery just send me a message.

TC406

FNG
I’m from just down the road from you actually, Morrill, just downbeat Rt 3 outside of Belfast. Someday I’ll come home to chase a Moose! Where are you headed out here?

OP
H
Thanks deerslayer! TC406 I know right were Morrill is actually got my Lab from a breeder there. We're staying in Livingston near the Emmigrant border and plan that and the surrounding areas.

OP
H
The hunt went good overall. Weather was miserable all week, high temps, rain and wind. But I was able to work a few bulls into range for my clients. They ended up taking this one on the last evening. FA8D757E-4201-44A8-9533-843486981E71.jpeg

OP
H
Yup! I’m flying out the 25th, my buddies are driving, their leaving on the 23rd.