Maine Moose Hunters

If anyone got drawn and needs help this season, I will drive up on a whim. I’m just looking for the adventure and experience honestly. I’ve never hunted moose, but I’ve hunted all my life and hunted out west a couple years. I can pack meat and can ruck about 17 road/hill miles on a whim. Legs start locking up at around 17. Did this in ay to see what I could do just going without wworkimg

I’m 28, I stay fit. I have canoed my whole life. Army Tanker for 7 years, so I got basic trauma medical training if you get messed up. Former Federal Corrections Officer, where I would routinely try gang members to stab me or swing at me, to include jumping into group gatherings and acting wild. So I have some form of balls.

Lol, I’m just saying, if anyone needs another person to help and share Camp, that’s my life. I live in the Allegheny National Forest of PA and will drive the 10-12 hours to Maine in a heartbeat. Just looking for that north woods experience.

I haven’t heard anyone on here who drew. I got it last year and it was a great adventure. Help is wanted on those trips so good for you offering. You would have a good time tagging along

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
I haven’t heard anyone on here who drew. I got it last year and it was a great adventure. Help is wanted on those trips so good for you offering. You would have a good time tagging along
I’m going to guide school out west in the spring and wherever I get hired out there I’ll take for sure. However I’d love to work in Maine one day guiding for moose, especially since I live in PA.

ahhyut

FNG
I’m going to guide school out west in the spring and wherever I get hired out there I’ll take for sure. However I’d love to work in Maine one day guiding for moose, especially since I live in PA.
If I saw this earlier, I would've reached out. We have 2 tags in our camp, but we're up to 12-14 people which we're comfortable at 8.

On the topic of moose hunting in Maine, there are only 3 seasons so it is hard to make money doing it. You can check with some of the larger outfits and see if they will bring you onboard once you have your license. Also consider adding bear to your skillset it lengthens your season from 3 weeks to 7 weeks in conjunction with moose. There are a few guides out of PA who guide up in the North Maine Woods.

I do know a local guy who hustles during some hunts. He only guides zones that have the Oct Bull hunt. He typically has a booked hunt for around 2k and that is his primary client. Then he will have a couple of backups, then will per diem guide as he is available at the end of the week. You're lucky to bring in 4-5k in a week, but it requires some special equipment and lots of gas and time driving into the woods.

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
If I saw this earlier, I would've reached out. We have 2 tags in our camp, but we're up to 12-14 people which we're comfortable at 8.

On the topic of moose hunting in Maine, there are only 3 seasons so it is hard to make money doing it. You can check with some of the larger outfits and see if they will bring you onboard once you have your license. Also consider adding bear to your skillset it lengthens your season from 3 weeks to 7 weeks in conjunction with moose. There are a few guides out of PA who guide up in the North Maine Woods.

I do know a local guy who hustles during some hunts. He only guides zones that have the Oct Bull hunt. He typically has a booked hunt for around 2k and that is his primary client. Then he will have a couple of backups, then will per diem guide as he is available at the end of the week. You're lucky to bring in 4-5k in a week, but it requires some special equipment and lots of gas and time driving into the woods.
Thanks for some form of direction man. I’m looking to complete guide school then build something from Maine. Bear I’m looking at for sure as well. Maine north woods are about 13 hour drive from where I’m at in the Allegheny in PA. Way more doable from a scouting perspective.