Maine Moose

I drew antlered Zone 4 Oct1 season. I was NOT expecting that. This is only my 3rd or 4th year applying. I’m wicked excited but it’s going to be tricky with my CO elk hunt this year.

I have the a similar situation, muzzleloader elk hunt in CO then ME moose oct 24. My wife is gonna kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rampaige

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I’ve been planning a CO hunt with a buddy. He drew a muzzleloader tag and I was going to hunt with him with my bow. He’s never been out there before.

I have the a similar situation, muzzleloader elk hunt in CO then ME moose oct 24. My wife is gonna kill me.

Now is the time to make her happy!! Finish everything on the list!! Have a blast. I got a ME tag in 2020 and it was a very cool hunt. Keep us updated!

hunt deer in maine every year but never applied for moose we stick with otc hunting
don't do draw hunts /pp or limited entry tags if sates were to ever go otc for moose I'm all in

summs

Lil-Rokslider
How many of you guys are putting in for what ever tag is available? I only apply for zone 8 and surrounding areas antlered. I may start applying for 1,2,3,5,7 to up my odds.

I know zone 8 well from deer hunting and always see some good moose. No love the 2 years I was a ME resident, but now back to non res waiting game.

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
I would put in for all zones, that would increase your odds. Now that they let you swap your zone it only makes since. When I drew in 2015 it was zone 19 and I had no interest in that zone. I joined both of the moose swap sites and found a guy that drew zone 4 and had a camp in zone 19 so it worked out both of us.
I will be hunting zone 5 this year as a sub permittee on the September hunt, can't wait. Nothing like being in the north Maine woods in late September.

I would put in for all zones, that would increase your odds. Now that they let you swap your zone it only makes since. When I drew in 2015 it was zone 19 and I had no interest in that zone. I joined both of the moose swap sites and found a guy that drew zone 4 and had a camp in zone 19 so it worked out both of us.
I will be hunting zone 5 this year as a sub permittee on the September hunt, can't wait. Nothing like being in the north Maine woods in late September.

Can you give me those sites? I would possibly be interested in swapping.