Major Wolf Victory - Constitutionality of state wolf management upheld (from SFW)

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is the correspondence just received from Mr. Lyon:
June 14, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have won the northern Rocky Mountain wolf litigation. The deadline to try and appeal the Ninth Circuit’s decision in our favor to the U.S. Supreme Court expired on Tuesday June 12, 2012 at midnight. I have verified with the Clerk for the U.S. Supreme Court that the required paperwork for an appeal has not been filed, and so the Ninth Circuit’s decision is absolutely final.

For more than a decade, various groups have fought to delist the wolf in the northern Rocky Mountains without success. It took your efforts to finally see the task accomplished. As a result, the wolf populations are now being managed by state wildlife agencies, and you can begin the work of rebuilding the populations of elk, moose, mule deer, etc. that have been decimated by this ecological disaster.

None of this could have been done without the combined efforts of all of the groups who supported this effort. Once again, I am proud to say that I was your lawyer on this historic effort.

Sincerely,

Ted B. Lyon

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is excellent news and a victory for the good guys! Lets hope it is not too late in many areas to turn the tide on these elk killing machines.

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! Now if they would just do the same for grizzlies.......yea that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.