Makeshift Home gym size?

Wapiti23

FNG
Hey guys and gals. I built a garage last summer and am putting in a storage room inside in the corner. Basically shelving for the Christmas decorations and other odds and ends from the wife's collection and a rack for hanging hunting cloths and such. I'm thinking of also using it as a makeshift gym and add a small treadmill and maybe a couple free weights and kettle bells. My idea is 10x12. Was wondering how big of an area some of you use for such a purpose?

I just measured mine this morning for you- it’s 11 X 7.

It’s compact, sure, but very manageable. I’m easily able to fit a rack with some other equipment in here. It offers enough room for stuff like snatches, clean/press, complexes, etc. I think you’d be golden with 10 X 12.

cman79

FNG
10x12 here not a lot of room to run around but it gets the job done. Bench, rack of dumbells and the best / recent addition is a section of old wrestling mat! Been doing lunges and a lot of the bodyweight workouts on it and the cushion is nice.

Interesting thread. I was thinking about a similar project. I have a big garage, but it is full of stuff I can't seem to live without. I have a bonus room but it has low ceilings. I'm thinking of building a shed to make into a workout room. Nice to know it could be done in a small footprint. What do you all think is the minimum (comfortable) ceiling height?

LJ Buck

WKR
Here is a rack that folds back into the wall. Sandbags a dumbbells are kept on the shelves to the right.

Attachments

• 0077EB3E-7AD4-47DA-8800-D77B56C84780.jpeg
    0077EB3E-7AD4-47DA-8800-D77B56C84780.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 30

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Here's a pic of mine. It's in a bonus room above our garage. It's 12 x 12 at the moment but I want to expand it. I buy those horse stall mats from a tractor supply or fleet store and use them as gym flooring. $40 for a 4x6' 3/4" heavy duty rubber mat. Can't beat it.

IMG_6595.jpg

Badseed

WKR
The stall mats are a must! I filled one cars worth of my 3 car garage with weights and equipment. The stall mats are so much more comfortable than concrete and you can drop the weights if you hit failure without worrying about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk