Making Sense of Testosterone and TRT, By Dr. Hillary Lampers

Don't have much to hide so I'll chime in. I just stopped after nearly 3 years. First year+ was Anastrazole/Clomophine. Did pretty much nothing for me and wasted my time and money. Went injectable T 1.75 years ago. My results are Mixed. Size and Strength for certain. Having stopped my injections two months ago, scale is lighter, pants fit better but strength and muscle size has plummeted. No surprise. My days of 300 for sets of 10 are over....back to being mortal.

My brain was "overly busy" while on Testosterone. Never really knew Anxiety was a real Thing. Not sure it is. But being off, I feel much less anxious overall and more clear headed. I paid $75 monthly to retain the services of my "clinic" and felt my "service" was very poor. I would have to remind them I was due for labs, getting lab orders was a PITA, getting the results of the orders was difficult. Scrip refills was dicey at times. 10mL bottles were a hassle to obtain, which required drawing from micro bottles and partial remnants. Sometimes insurance would pay. Other times the bill was $130 before flashing GoodRx. Started at .5 and went as high as .7 Took Anastrazole as estrogen blocker in conjunction with T injections. This seemed to have the most impact. Don't recall my original dose of Anastrozole other than two tabs. But the outter bones of my hands ached. I just assumed that is was 50 looked like and it was arthritis. After my 6 month consult we dialed that dose back by half. That improved my joint pain.

Think I was 405 T when I began. Maybe 670 T on Clomophine. Ran about 900ish on injectable. Hit 1700 once and felt like shit. Nothing changed in my dosage. Shit just got wonky. Was never advised or read about Hematocrit and DID FEEL LIKE MY BLOOD WAS 90Wt at the end. Part of the reason I stopped. Per my Dr it was more about the ratio of T vs Estrogen than actual T. Not sure I was ever really dial in correctly, but for several thousand dollars over a couple years you'd think I shoulda been. Libido was all over the place. Often times I had zero Fs to give....other times I'd need chained up inside.

I sleep way better off it.

I may re consider, but wanna see what natural is like for a bit. To those who may be considering....just realize that these are methods of jacking with your hormones. A little goes a long way. And many things are affected/effected. This isn't just removing the Restrictor Plate off your Camaro.... Depression, Anxiety, Irritability and Stress Management are all moving parts of the equation of your Mood and Demeanor.

Don't have much to hide so I'll chime in. I just stopped after nearly 3 years. First year+ was Anastrazole/Clomophine. Did pretty much nothing for me and wasted my time and money. Went injectable T 1.75 years ago. My results are Mixed. Size and Strength for certain. Having stopped my injections two months ago, scale is lighter, pants fit better but strength and muscle size has plummeted. No surprise. My days of 300 for sets of 10 are over....back to being mortal.

My brain was "overly busy" while on Testosterone. Never really knew Anxiety was a real Thing. Not sure it is. But being off, I feel much less anxious overall and more clear headed. I paid $75 monthly to retain the services of my "clinic" and felt my "service" was very poor. I would have to remind them I was due for labs, getting lab orders was a PITA, getting the results of the orders was difficult. Scrip refills was dicey at times. 10mL bottles were a hassle to obtain, which required drawing from micro bottles and partial remnants. Sometimes insurance would pay. Other times the bill was $130 before flashing GoodRx. Started at .5 and went as high as .7 Took Anastrazole as estrogen blocker in conjunction with T injections. This seemed to have the most impact. Don't recall my original dose of Anastrozole other than two tabs. But the outter bones of my hands ached. I just assumed that is was 50 looked like and it was arthritis. After my 6 month consult we dialed that dose back by half. That improved my joint pain.

Think I was 405 T when I began. Maybe 670 T on Clomophine. Ran about 900ish on injectable. Hit 1700 once and felt like shit. Nothing changed in my dosage. Shit just got wonky. Was never advised or read about Hematocrit and DID FEEL LIKE MY BLOOD WAS 90Wt at the end. Part of the reason I stopped. Per my Dr it was more about the ratio of T vs Estrogen than actual T. Not sure I was ever really dial in correctly, but for several thousand dollars over a couple years you'd think I shoulda been. Libido was all over the place. Often times I had zero Fs to give....other times I'd need chained up inside.

I sleep way better off it.

I may re consider, but wanna see what natural is like for a bit. To those who may be considering....just realize that these are methods of jacking with your hormones. A little goes a long way. And many things are affected/effected. This isn't just removing the Restrictor Plate off your Camaro.... Depression, Anxiety, Irritability and Stress Management are all moving parts of the equation of your Mood and Demeanor.
There is so much I have to say about your reply and many questions I have for you. It would take me a good bit of time to go thru it all. I don’t have that much time at the moment, but I will be back to this later on.
In short, this is a perfect example of bad TRT management by the doctor.

There is so much I have to say about your reply and many questions I have for you. It would take me a good bit of time to go thru it all. I don’t have that much time at the moment, but I will be back to this later on.
In short, this is a perfect example of bad TRT management by the doctor.
Send it! Like I said...this is a professional, documented Credentialed clinic. Not locker room gym bag stuff.

And please understand that my tone is intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek and entertaining for others from my less than stellar experience. But the numbers/data/results are accurate. I got confused between the English and metric conversions in my original post. But if you're experienced I can say I ran 100(mg/mL ?) and then went up to 140 (per my Dr recommendation) and stayed there, which should convert to .5 and .7...cc's?

Last edited:

7Bartman

WKR
JJ, glad you posted your experience. It certainly speaks to mismanagement.
Regardless of mismanagement, I want to underscore a specific point on this thread. It's not necessarily about the numbers. There are some individuals who'll feel fine at 200 ng/dL and others who'll feel terrible at 400 ng/dL. These numbers are just a range. I think as males we feel we want to be at "optimum" levels and not "low", which is exactly what those pedaling this want. However as JJ pointed out there are two-sides to this coin. Sure exogenous testosterone may make you feel better, the issue is at what cost? I can give you xanax and it'll make you feel better, but it comes with a cost. Just something to consider, especially when getting off the exogenous testosterone can be a rollercoaster.