Making the leap...finally signed up (Missouri)

Hey all! My name is MJ and I hail from the Show-Me State. I was introduced to archery and the outdoors at a very young age. I started bow hunting in high school and it quickly consumed me. I've never given western hunting much of a thought; it's always been so foreign to me; however, in the last year, it was piqued my interest after becoming involved in the Mtn Ops Conquer Fitness community.
Now, it is all-consuming. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and plan to try a public land elk hunt in 2021.

I hunt solo. I always have. I have a few buddies who will head out for opening weekend of Firearms Deer or chase waterfowl but I seem to be a stand-alone in my peer-group. I enjoy all of Missouri's hunting seasons from small game to whitetails and spring turkey. I also manage a depredation trapping line in the winter.

I turned 31 in February and decided I needed to make a drastic change in my life. I had been over-weight since childhood and was hit with the sudden reality that this was limiting me in so many ways. The thing I love and am most passionate about was taking a back-seat due to physical limitations. So, I did a 180. I changed my lifestyle. It's still a work in progress but I am not the same gal I was 9 months ago.

I think this is partly why the western hunting style is so inspiring to me, now. This isnt something I could have done before and has quickly incorporated itself into my "Why".

I've learned a lot from the forum members and know I will continue to! Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge!

Hope to see y'all on the mountain, someday!

MJ

Attachments

• 3d shoot.JPG
    3d shoot.JPG
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 12

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome aboard MJ!! Great introduction and a big congrats on your lifestyle change! Glad to have you here! 🤙