Man Cave Ideas

chas

Lil-Rokslider
I am just getting ready to start to remodel the basement. I have full reign on the design, the wife is OUT. She has the entire upstairs. I am a cabinet maker and have the design/building abilities. I’m just looking for some different and unique ideas. I can build just about anything; I’m just not the most creative person. I am more of a copy-cat. I bet that some of you have some impressive areas to display your trophy’s and hang out.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
I can relate. I too am building my own house right now with a dedicated room of death. As far as design does, I have 14' x22' to work with. The floors will be bar grade pre finished hickory. The ceiling is t and g pine but my big wow factor (other than mounted animals) will be a myrtle wood wains coat and 10' juniper mantle over the fire place.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't build my house, but had it built. My room of death has plywood behind the sheetrock on all the walls. I don't have any need to find a stud to hang animals on. It lets be put my heads any where as needed instead of the standard 16" or 32" apart. Just food for thought...

dotman

WKR
Elk Hunter or Western Hunter has a column dedicated to this in the mag, might see if the past articles are online. A guy posted his up on bowsite recently, sweet use of barn wood in it. I think Doug has the right idea with the plywood.

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
Good call rosin, I already have 5/8 plywood ready. The over thing worth mentioning is I'm going with 9' walls and a vaulted ceiling so my bigger bulls aren't at hip level. I'm currently framing my house now as it gets closer i'll start a thread with pics (if I can figure out how to post pics. I'm very new to forums and anything involving technology)

Hardstalk

WKR
Sound board under plywood rock over plywood. Just some forethought for noise. Nothing kills the party faster than "can you boys please keep it down"

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan I will post some in a couple of hours when I get to my computer. My man cave is my office area, safe, etc. I am not rich so it isn't huge but does have 12' ceilings. Without tall ceilings elk seem to be hitting you in the head all ghe time.

I built my great room with a vault at 26x26 and should have went bigger as I am running out of room, once my second cougar, Big Rosey, full mount wolf and Mt. Goat get here I wont have anywere to sit LOL. I will post some more pics later, this is all I could come up with, a Halloween party and yes thats my Trophy wifey!
IMG_9527_zps87d8c16a.jpg

OP
chas

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Good ideas, and nice pictures. The party looks fun. Any more ideas, lighting, flooring, bathroom ideas??
Thanks