Man kills cougar with machete defending his dog

TSAMP

WKR
Watched this video earlier and didn't comment. Was just thinking about it off and on today about how the dude in the truck was a waste. Came back to have at him. Glad to see you all are already on it.

Cheers.

It was a ~70 lb 18 month old kitten, could probably still see spots on it up close. Fat house dogs make easy targets I guess. Two dogs worth their weight in bargain dog food would have that cat stretched faster than the machete took care of it
Good on the guy though, made good use of the machete.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GHOSTofWENDELL

Lil-Rokslider
It was a ~70 lb 18 month old kitten, could probably still see spots on it up close. Fat house dogs make easy targets I guess. Two dogs worth their weight in bargain dog food would have that cat stretched faster than the machete took care of it
Good on the guy though, made good use of the machete.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
People who comment dumb shit like this after a video of a dudes dog dying are lame as can be.

Sad for the dog, after watching the way it was moving afterwards it looks as if the spine was severed? It was pretty intense to see how efficient a cougars bite to the back of the neck can be. We don't have big cats up here.

Steven.Elmore

Lil-Rokslider
Sad. I'm thinking if this were in the states one of these two guys would've had a sidearm handy and the cat might would've been put down sooner and possibly saved the dog.

street

WKR
Kind of looks like the guy potentially friendly fired his dog. The dogs front left leg severely hurt.

Mike7

WKR
From the time that lion initiated the attack to the neck on that completely unaware dog to the point of the dog being likely mortally wounded was extremely brief.

The guy with the machete acted very quickly. I can't see how the guy running the video inside of the truck could have made any significant difference between the onset of the attack and when the machete guy arrived, even if the video guy realized what was occurring almost immediately.

kda082

WKR
As the owner of a fat yellow lab kind of wish I wouldn’t have watched that. Hope the owner is able to block that memory.

Sherman

WKR
Just read the title and have a few questions:

How did the cougar get the machete?

Why did the cougar have a machete?

What was the cougar defending the dog from?

Why did the guy kill the cougar? It was defending his dog with a machete.

Last edited:

Poser

WKR

This is a valid point. The title does read “cougar with machete”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres another in Ca in this mornings news;

A Los Angeles-area woman used her bare hands to fight off a 65-pound mountain lion that was attacking her 5-year-old son on Thursday, according to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.

The animal attacked the boy while he was in his family's front yard in Calabasas, leaving him with injuries to his head, neck and chest, the department said Saturday.

The mountain lion "dragged him about 45 yards" across the front lawn, said Capt. Patrick Foy, a spokesman for the department.

Fox news link

There was a voter referendum about 30 yrs ago protecting mountain lions and now these lions are a big problem. This is what happens when the animal rights folks take away professional wildlife management.

Real problem here California, but idiot liberals wouldn't fix it like everything else the screw up.

slatty

WKR
Unfortunate situation, poor injured cat, and poor dog. Another example of "best left unfilmed". The guy in the truck would have done a lot better to get out and do something useful, and everyone involved including all us viewers would be better off.

Johnboy

WKR

I often have a similar thought when I read about someone who "shot this deer wearing [insert camo here]".