Running/Hiking in Man Leggings

• Cover up with shorts

Votes: 58 76.3%
  • All natural, leggings only

Votes: 18 23.7%

• Total voters

Shraggs

WKR
My wife got me those workout compression pants, they look like leggings. I'll call them man leggings.

Put them on the other day and told her I'm going for a hike workout. She raised her tone and send not like that! Now I'm a bit dumbfounded cause I'm wearing what you got me... She said, not exposed, put shorts on -- over them leggings. I started to say, but you don't... then went and put shorts on over them!

I must admit I like working out in them when its cold, anyone else?

mvmnts

WKR
Haha, bro you can't win. Some people will be like your wife and some people will be like me snickering at you if you wear shorts over them. 99% of people won't care. If you are comfortable in leggings just wear them. You are under NO social obligation to wear shorts over them. I wear mine all the time and my wife likes the way my legs look in them. Winter is my running season, I don't know why, but that's when I train the most and it's leggings all day.

You can just call them leggings 😂

lol, these poll results. why am i not surprised this forum is so repressed. HIDE YOUR SHAME!

Last edited:
I wear bike pants similar to what you describe under my hunting pants when it’s cold and wet. They have rubber in the ankle that keeps your socks up, they move moisture away from your skin, they let things slide around, and provide some insulation. I like them better than merino base layer bottoms or other long Johns.

Mosby

WKR
I tend to layer clothes for working out, hot or cold. I want to sweat as much as possible and extra clothing speeds up the process for me but I grew up wrestling and I'm probably half nuts.

That said, I will be 62 this year and I try to do everyone a favor and not wear leggings, speedo's or tight tops.

Most CrossFit class days I wear compression leggings under workoutshorts. And FYI, $15 compression leggings have also replaced my spendier, space-grade long johns for hunting.

Last year I sent a text to my wife telling her that I forgot my shorts at home and asked her if she thought it would be OK if I were to go to CF class with just my leggings as bottoms. She replied with a question mark... Before I arrived home I slipped my shorts off, left them in my truck, then walked into the house wearing Metcons, leggings, and sweaty shirt. It would have been funny but she knew my humor schemes too well.

OP
S

Shraggs

WKR
omg this is funny.

well that is the quandary, no man bun here but berries are best left hidden...

i was so opposed to them, but i placated her. but they are comfortable to work in!

P Carter

WKR
A very important conversation to have. 🤣

My two cents: shorts over leggings raises the dork level to 10. Either embrance the leggings -- the good and the bad -- or don't. FWIW, I go with the running pants rather than tights. But those that "damn the torpedoes, full tights ahead" earn my full respect.

Rob5589

WKR
When cold they are great. But always under shorts. I guess saggy old man sacks aren't as sexy as I thought they'd be