Managing a hand held thumb release in the backcountry

I got a fellow on Etsy of all places to make a custom kydex sheath for my Carter release. It mounts on my bino harness and it’s awesome.

Marble

WKR
I use a GOAT while hunting. I don't shoot it with a barrel on the trigger portion so it is very slim and comfortable in my pocket. It also fits in my bino harness nicely. I also have a Tru Ball wrist attachment that I can use to attach to the release or my hinge.

Attached to my wrist it does flop around a bit. I usually fold it into my sleeve.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BigSky

WKR
That AOT thing actually looks quite ingenious. I am going to attempt to switch to a thumb release this year from my wrist/caliper releases I've been using forever. Until I saw that AOT device, I fully intended to just add paracord to my thumb release (Carter Wise Choice) and then attach the paracord to my Scott wrist sling after removing the Scott strap and calipers.

Reactions: AOT

Marble

WKR
New mounts for this year and some that are on the way.
I went and looked at the product. Seems like something I would use except I didn't see any TruBall versions. Any plans on the future?

FlyGuy

WKR
My right front pocket is reserved SOLELY for my release. Nothing else goes in that pocket. I know exactly where it is, I can check for it all the time, it’s easy to access with very little movement…. Works perfectly.

I do keep a (cheap knockoff) back-up release in my pack but I’ve never needed to use it.

I understand the fear but It’s not that hard really. I’d never want a wrist strap on it. That’s one of the reasons I switched to handheld. I HATE my right hand being attached to the bow once I’m clipped in. I want to be free to re-range with my right hand if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marble

WKR
The Blade from Tru Ball arrived yesterday. It is identical in size and shape to my GOAT but is slightly lighter, has an attachment location for a lanyard and a double claw type attachment instead of the hook.

I'm sure I'll like it so we will see.
9b7fcb83d9099aa7a2ae01e4c79e13d1.jpg

Marble

WKR
My JBC (Just B Chocolate) Mount works with the Blade, but you will have to remove the puffy logo stickers from the sides of the Release.
Thank you sir!!