Manners LRH

kabarNC

FNG
I'll be sanding my notch out and finishing with epoxy. I don't plan on ever selling this stock, and I'm not picky with things like that. All my rifles are tools that get used hard.

BigPrince

FNG
Mine also get used and am not worried about that. I just want things to look professionally done and don't like things to look bubba'd. I can handle an EH bolt notch cutout and make it look like factory. This molded notch... eh... I'm skittish. I've got a Defiance Anti build and will try it in the LRH and move the Origin as mentioned.

Oh and just to mention, this stock going back twice - It had a chip in it from shipping. Manners took care of it and added some flush cups and rail for me. They were great. I just didn't have the action to test fit until after and timing was off for me to mention it to them on the other shipments. Didn't want that to seem negative to them.

ormandj

FNG
Mine also get used and am not worried about that. I just want things to look professionally done and don't like things to look bubba'd. I can handle an EH bolt notch cutout and make it look like factory. This molded notch... eh... I'm skittish. I've got a Defiance Anti build and will try it in the LRH and move the Origin as mentioned.

Oh and just to mention, this stock going back twice - It had a chip in it from shipping. Manners took care of it and added some flush cups and rail for me. They were great. I just didn't have the action to test fit until after and timing was off for me to mention it to them on the other shipments. Didn't want that to seem negative to them.
Was the bolt handle interference due to the width of the handle itself or the knob? Not sure if you happened to take any pictures. I’ve got a ruckus with the thicker of the two handle options I was thinking of putting into this stock but I’m wondering if it’ll have the same issues.

wysongdog

WKR
I need one of these bad. Going to replace my eh5 to drop the weight and make it a hunting rifle lol.

Tralle

FNG
Thanks, you're planning to put an RRS universal rail on it?

I meant to take a picture of all three spacers with the screw, but I forgot before it out it back on. Those two in the picture are 1/8" each.

Here's a better picture of the gap between the stock and the arca rail, which is a much cleaner fit on the short actions.

734c2a1191b361ef9c60c246b82b5a31.jpg
Hi tak
Did you have a chance to photo with a bottom metal in?

tak

WKR
Hi tak
Did you have a chance to photo with a bottom metal in?

it's with my smith now, I didn't have a long action bottom metal laying around, I'll update when I get it back, shouldn't be too long, the stock was the last piece remaining

kabarNC

FNG
FWIW this is what it looks like after spending 10 mins with some 80grit sandpaper wrapped around a stick. Bolt handle clears easily and with the molded in color doesn't look bad at all.

20220408_102211.jpg

20220408_102503.jpg