Manners LRH

I love the looks of this thing.. If it had a Gunwerks magnus back half is about the only thing I'd prefer but this looks sick.

2021-MCS-TBD-ET-High-Plains-R.jpgMCS-EHLRH-ET-High-Plains-2.jpgMCS-EHLRH-ET-High-Plains-4.jpg

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I really like the low "chassis" cut of the action sides and barrel channel.

The forend would look good with my full length ARCA rail. The little stubby ARCA and thin makes it look a little weird to me. I'd still run it though, lol.

Looks legit!

archp625

WKR
I like it a lot but I am still partial to my EH1. I think this will be perfect for the guy that wants a EH1-A that doesn't want to increase in weight. This will be the perfect solution. I imagine more and more stocks will have the adjustable cheek rest like this one instead of the hardware.

OP
wind gypsy
I like it a lot but I am still partial to my EH1. I think this will be perfect for the guy that wants a EH1-A that doesn't want to increase in weight. This will be the perfect solution. I imagine more and more stocks will have the adjustable cheek rest like this one instead of the hardware.

I like that it's lighter, can have arca right up to bottom metal, barrel channel seems like it would work with a variety of barrel diameters better, and overall seems thinner which would be nice just for carrying.

tak

WKR
I’m really liking this too, almost pulled the trigger on game warden, but concerned about weight with the adjustable. This might be the ticket for an upcoming 280ai build... so how long do we think it’ll be for the LA??

ID_Matt

WKR
I’m really liking this too, almost pulled the trigger on game warden, but concerned about weight with the adjustable. This might be the ticket for an upcoming 280ai build... so how long do we think it’ll be for the LA??
Hoping for a LA option soon as well....

Interesting you mention this with the Gunwerks Magnus. I have zero experience with either, but just based on research, these are the two on my short list. I'd like to upgrade everything on my Rem 700/300WBY and figure a new stock/barrel are next up. Plans are for this to be my Elk and larger go to rifle, for long range practice, or anytime where weight is less of an issue. Hopefully more will chime in and help me make a decision, as I don't know how to decide without actually getting to try them both out.

OP
wind gypsy
Interesting you mention this with the Gunwerks Magnus. I have zero experience with either, but just based on research, these are the two on my short list. I'd like to upgrade everything on my Rem 700/300WBY and figure a new stock/barrel are next up. Plans are for this to be my Elk and larger go to rifle, for long range practice, or anytime where weight is less of an issue. Hopefully more will chime in and help me make a decision, as I don't know how to decide without actually getting to try them both out.

My opinion:

LRH Pros: built in ARCA in ideal location for tripod shooting, weight (if you want it to be light), Mini chassis option if you want it, and flexibility with different barrel contours.

I prefer the Magnus grip (i believe it's closer to the trigger which fits my hands better) and negative comb stock. If you carry your rifle by the fore end frequently it is likely more comfortable because it is narrower / less blocky.