Manners MCS-EH1 vs. MCS-T

I am looking to get one of these stocks and I can't decide between these two for a LR rig. Hoping to get my hands on them soon to see how they feel but I wanted to know what others thought about the two choices. I will be using the elite fill with no lop/comb adjustments.

Which would you get and why? I am leaning towards the MCS-T for the more traditional look and better feel from any shooting position but I've read nothing but good things about the EH1.

What about the EH-2 do you think would have a better feel from any shooting position?

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
The only position that I slightly prefer a traditional sporter style grip is standing off hand however I try to set myself up so that the only offhand shots I take at an animal are with my bow.

The vertical grip on the EH1 and many of their tactical line lends itself to allow you to more easily execute proper fundamentals. I ran a PRS1 most of last match season and that grip is by far my favorite that I've felt and that's in all types of positions other than prone.

I've got an EH1 with their ultra light cheekpiece on the way for a lightish weight long range hunting rifle that I'm putting together for this season so I'm obviously biased. Also there's not a weight penalty with the EH1 and you can shed a little more by having them open up the barrel channel to a straight 1.25" contour.

Smokep

FNG
The t and eh2 aren’t vertices but they’re much closer to vertical than most. I have all the stocks mentioned and would rather carry the t or 2 for general purpose but if prone is your most likely shooting position the eh1 may be a little better suited. Really can’t go wrong with either. I will say I think the t and 2 carry better, just feels like a little less bulk to me.

OP
K
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I can't go wrong with either and I will need to get my hands on both of them to see what feels best to me and my style of hunting.

The only position that I slightly prefer a traditional sporter style grip is standing off hand however I try to set myself up so that the only offhand shots I take at an animal are with my bow.

The vertical grip on the EH1 and many of their tactical line lends itself to allow you to more easily execute proper fundamentals. I ran a PRS1 most of last match season and that grip is by far my favorite that I've felt and that's in all types of positions other than prone.

I've got an EH1 with their ultra light cheekpiece on the way for a lightish weight long range hunting rifle that I'm putting together for this season so I'm obviously biased. Also there's not a weight penalty with the EH1 and you can shed a little more by having them open up the barrel channel to a straight 1.25" contour.

Do you have a link to their ultralight cheek piece? I couldn't find anything searching online

Rooster22

FNG

What do you think about using the PRS for hunting rifle?

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
What do you think about using the PRS for hunting rifle?

Depends on what type of hunting rifle, how and where you hunt. The squared off forend on the PRS stocks are not as comfortable to carry as the EH1 forend but if you don't intend on carrying it much or maybe it just don't bother you they're a very nice stock to get behind.

I don't worry about an ultralight rifle but I prefer not to carry the unnecessary weight of the heavy adjustable cheek piece. I don't know that you can get a PRS stock without the heavy built in cheek piece.

Again maybe it doesn't matter depending on your hunting style.

I have an eh1 and love it.. the only other stock I would change to would be a McMillan game hunter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rooster22

FNG
Depends on what type of hunting rifle, how and where you hunt. The squared off forend on the PRS stocks are not as comfortable to carry as the EH1 forend but if you don't intend on carrying it much or maybe it just don't bother you they're a very nice stock to get behind.

I don't worry about an ultralight rifle but I prefer not to carry the unnecessary weight of the heavy adjustable cheek piece. I don't know that you can get a PRS stock without the heavy built in cheek piece.

Again maybe it doesn't matter depending on your hunting style.
I've held both, but never actually used or packed either. kinda wanting to use it for some long range stuff at the range and hunting. The EH1a is the same weight as PRS. EH1 is 18oz less which is pretty significant When you say not as comfortable to carry you mean packing by the forend? maybe i need to get a prs and eh1 and swap back and forth:geek:

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
I've held both, but never actually used or packed either. kinda wanting to use it for some long range stuff at the range and hunting. The EH1a is the same weight as PRS. EH1 is 18oz less which is pretty significant When you say not as comfortable to carry you mean packing by the forend? maybe i need to get a prs and eh1 and swap back and forth:geek:

Forend on the EH1 is more rounded and more comfortable to carry in my opinion. I usually run my rifle in a gun bearer but there are times when I'll carry the rifle and I prefer the shape of the EH1. The 18 oz is a no go for me when hunting but I loved the PRS1 when it was on my match rifle.D5167AA9-CC90-4DEF-AFD2-71EE57E9C2FC.jpeg

Rooster22

FNG
Forend on the EH1 is more rounded and more comfortable to carry in my opinion. I usually run my rifle in a gun bearer but there are times when I'll carry the rifle and I prefer the shape of the EH1. The 18 oz is a no go for me when hunting but I loved the PRS1 when it was on my match rifle.View attachment 249336
Which bottom metal and magazine is that on your rifle, and do those have the ultralight cheek piece? I've never seen and can't seem to find any info or pictures on it at Manners

Totoro

WKR
The MCST is a great feeling stock for me in all shooting positions. If you plan on running a Proof Sendero contour, then the MCST is a great option.