Manners stock

archp625

WKR
If it were me, I would go with EH1 or T. I was in your in boat a few weeks ago and went with the EH1. The best thing to do is go to your smith and handle a few different ones and make sure decision. That's what I did.

A Manners T at 1.75" end width is way too wide for a #3 barrel contour. I have a Bartlein #3B (light heavy contour) in a MCS-T. If the barrel were any bit narrower it would belong in an EH2.

One thing to add about the Manners Elite carbon fiber. I've done a bunch of DIY bedding jobs on custom stocks... One huge plus for carbon fiber (Manners at a minimum) is that you can bastard file and sand with #400 grit paper anywhere along the barreled action edges to make all of the height relationships perfect. Finishing with #400 and a bit of spit matches the original finish so nothing else to do.

Specifically, I was bummed when a stock's front tip of the safety channel ended up 3mm high in relation to the gun metal (Defiance action). Contacted Manners on whether I could file and sand without removing too much carbon fiber... Got a prompt e-response to go for it, no worries. Too cool!

Last edited:
You don't want an EH-3 or EH-4. EH-3 has a very long grip to where I couldn't hardly touch the vertical portion and the trigger at the same time. EH-4 fore end is too short.

Manners makes nice stuff, but they take forever. For hunting rifle I prefer benchmark Ibex and axial precision designs and AG composites would get you something comparable to a EH-1 or EH-1 quicker and probably cheaper.

bradb

WKR
Not a lot, been swamped with work with the Covid mess and turkey season stops most other things. Only really tested loads some with it and remember its on a VERY little recoil 22br. I do like it but its a definite different feel then the EH1 and it becomes such a personal thing and very hard with out getting behind them