Manti LE late rifle elk

Huntnnw

WKR
I lucked out this year and drew a late rifle tag in Manti in the random draw. Has anyone on here hunted this hunt and willing to discuss in PM? Im more interested in is snow a factor here this time of year, I have noticed from my little research that the skyline road is a good access road, but its high and used by the archery, muzzy and early rifle guys. Im trying to narrow down areas and elevation I need to be keyed in on. Im also curious about realistic bull size in this unit and what you saw. Thanks for any input.

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
Weather and snow is unpredictable but plan on it playing a factor and make plans for lower and higher country. There is a lot of road access up high and down low in that unit so you shouldn't have a problem getting around regardless of the weather. There are a lot of elk on the Manti and it has the potential for giant bulls. I had a friend take 370" on the Manti and I have seen bulls that are solid 350"+. But I wouldn't hold out for that personally if I had the tag, I would probably take the first 320-330" bull I saw. But if you want to hold out you will have a fun time looking at and passing on a lot of elk. Even if you don't find what you are looking for that is a win in my book.

OP
Huntnnw

Huntnnw

WKR
Thanks for the reply. Lot will depend on the freezer situation prior to hunt and standards. I have 4 elk tags and if I got 1 in the freezer I’ll holdout for 330+ and be fine with eating a tag.