Marble Mt. Bull tag

Carp

FNG
I drew the Marble bull tag last year with max points. After scouting and finding some decent spots I was excited for the opener. Unfortunately, the areas that I planned on hunting closed down due to fires. This year I have the tag again and was wondering how the fires impacted the elk. I'm guessing the fire probably helped the elk unless it burned too hot. I'm just trying to avoid traveling to spots that may have been nuked. I'm also looking for public land other than the Forest Service as I don't plan on turning my tag back if the forests get closed again. I'm heading back up in July and would appreciate any information.

Marble

WKR
They are still there. Tons of them up north by happy camp, in the marbles near Trinity Center and south towards hayfork. My advice is to put some cameras out now and start walking some logging roads.

It's a really good tag. Rare to have a rifle elk hunt in the rut. Especially for Rosie's.

I've got a 15 year old girl I'll be helping out who drew one of the junior tags.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I highly suggest getting an outfitter with pack horses. Save your money from scouting. Also depends how many people will be helping you, dictating factor. The description does say, "most physically demanding elk hunt in ca." This guy gets it done https://www.thcguideservice.com
There are others out there too.

OP
C

Carp

FNG
Thank you for the replies. I wish I could say the same for the Forest Service. I've contacted every district on both the Six Rivers and Klamath NF and I'm still waiting for replies to phone messages and emails.

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
6ed11ad89cad5c4b298ec0cf3000e48c.jpg

Crappy pic of a 6x6 that I saw last Wednesday.