March 2.5-25x52 MOA review

I agree. I love mine so much I bought another. To me, it blows the Nightforce NXS out of the water.

eamyrick

WKR
Looks sweet but at almost double the street price of the nxs 3.5-15 or Swaro x5 that’s a tough pill to save 6 ounces.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Looks sweet but at almost double the street price of the nxs 3.5-15 or Swaro x5 that’s a tough pill to save 6 ounces.

I can not tell you what to do with your money but you are trying to compare the MSRP of a March to the actual price of an NXS which is very long in the tooth and the X5 that they are giving away because no one wants that particular reticle. How about we compare them apples to apples? A new NXS is roughly $1900, a new X5 is around $2700, and a March varies depending on illumination but is around $2400. This would be better compared to the 5.5-22 NXS($2200). I own all three scopes. I can tell you which one will be on my main hunting rifle. Hint- it starts with M.

I also can not speak for you, or anyone else for that matter, but most of us spend a lot more money to shave those ounces from our packs. Eventually there is nothing left to shave weight from. The March does not only win in the ounce department.

Last edited:

eamyrick

WKR
I can not tell you what to do with your money but you are trying to compare the MSRP of a March to the actual price of an NXS which is very long in the tooth and the X5 that they are giving away because no one wants that particular reticle. How about we compare them apples to apples? A new NXS is roughly $1900, a new X5 is around $2700, and a March varies depending on illumination but is around $2400. This would be better compared to the 5.5-22 NXS($2200). I own all three scopes. I can tell you which one will be on my main hunting rifle. Hint- it starts with M.

I also can not speak for you, or anyone else for that matter, but most of us spend a lot more money to shave those ounces from our packs. Eventually there is nothing left to shave weight from. The March does not only win in the ounce department.

I appreciate the review for sure. I’m about to scope a custom and will look for some good deals on the March. I’ve been eyeing the demo nightforce a at $1500 and the X5s at $1700. And damnnnnn saving weight is expensive.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
I appreciate the review for sure. I’m about to scope a custom and will look for some good deals on the March. I’ve been eyeing the demo nightforce a at $1500 and the X5s at $1700. And damnnnnn saving weight is expensive.

Are you a MIL or MOA guy?

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
You can sometimes find these in MIL for sale on SnipersHide. Not my cup of tea but worth looking at.

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Just wish they had 1 moa subtensions at max power. But that scope has a lot going for it.

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Preordered an NX8 2.5-20. But if it turns out to not be my thing that ffp march will be next up!

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Great review. Lots of features to like about the March scopes. In the end it wasn’t worth what it gave up despite the impressive glass and specs.

Here is to hoping the NF NX8 isn’t a turd ;)
I hope to have one before too long. Still a little heavy though.

Bojo34

FNG
Thanks for the great review, very helpful. This is a finalist for a lighter-weight 7Mag build I'm currently putting together. Leaning toward the 3-24x52 FFP version but have to imagine all else the same. Mind updating your experience with the scope? Any issues pop up yet? Happy with the FFP version just as well?

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
I prefer the FFP. My FFP lost zero. I sent it back for repair then sold it.

I prefer the FFP. My FFP lost zero. I sent it back for repair then sold it.

Whoa Whoa. I was just about to hit the buy now button but did one last review. Just noticed you kinda slipped this in. So have you changed your mind on the March scopes? How was the CS from March? Lost zero.... did they say what happened?
Thanks!

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
An old thread, but I am curious? What happened? Do you think this was a fluke deal, or did you bow out?