March durability? Zero retention? How bad is that eyebox?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Does anyone know if you can get custom yardage turrets made for this March scope?

Bones

WKR
OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Where is the place to buy these things? Euro optic only has em on backorder.

Where is the place to buy these things? Euro optic only has em on backorder.
Euro-Optic is where I bought mine. Took a couple of months to get it but I wasn’t in a hurry. Besides, you can never gone wrong when ordering form them. They are top notch IMO.

Flyjunky

WKR
How is the reticle visibility on lower power? I notice March seems too have thicker posts which, in the pictures, makes it look like it would he easier to see compared to others. Is illumination required?

Now on the other end, when cranked up to 24x is the reticle pretty thick? Does it cover up quite a bit of the target (not animal) at 800+ yards?

The 3-24 is on my short list for a new build but I've never looked through one.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Euro-Optic is where I bought mine. Took a couple of months to get it but I wasn’t in a hurry. Besides, you can never gone wrong when ordering form them. They are top notch IMO.
A couple months? After I front $2500! Wow. Is that a red flag? Why does no body have them in stock? Is the company not well capitalized enough to keep up with production? Are they going to be around 10 years from now?

When I want to buy a Swarovski, Zeiss or Nightforce, I don't have these issues or concerns.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
March is a small "boutique" optics company.
Exactly. Deon optics (March) was created to fill a niche and I think not out to become a mass producer.

I don't remember exactly how it got going anymore but a well known short range benchrester with a fair amount of $$$ was tired of scopes that wouldn't hold zero. He funded what I believe was the impetus to create a scope for short range benchrest that would do that. That morphed into what we see as March today.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
A couple months? After I front $2500! Wow. Is that a red flag? Why does no body have them in stock? Is the company not well capitalized enough to keep up with production? Are they going to be around 10 years from now?

When I want to buy a Swarovski, Zeiss or Nightforce, I don't have these issues or concerns.

Eh, look at the lead time on a Swarovski Z3 3-9x3 or a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 in MILs. Supply chain issues are everywhere.

Uhh……..you are aware of the supply chain issues right? 8-9 months for a new Trcuk, 20 weeks for home windows, 18+ months and counting for a certain grease lubricant……I can go on and on. You simply can’t find a lot of stuff right now. When I ordered my S&B PMII through a different supplier than Euro Optics it took about 4-6 months and that was 7 years ago. Boutique/specialty shops pride themselves on “made to order” products. It’s all about quality they want, not quantity. I wouldn’t be bothered by it at all 10 years ago and surely not now with all that‘s going on.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Eh, look at the lead time on a Swarovski Z3 3-9x3 or a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 in MILs. Supply chain issues are everywhere.
I know, but these aren't apparently supply chain issues. Sounds like this is their standard MO. I get "made to order", but the retailer usage of the word "backorder" usually means something different than "made to order" Which is the source of my confusion. They aren't really on backorder, or stuck on a ship somewhere, they haven't even been built yet. Ok, next question then... Do I front 100% of the money upon order? Or like most things "made to order" do I put down a deposit until completion? This process is so different from any other scope purchase I've ever made, sorry for all the questions.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Uhh……..you are aware of the supply chain issues right? 8-9 months for a new Trcuk, 20 weeks for home windows, 18+ months and counting for a certain grease lubricant……I can go on and on. You simply can’t find a lot of stuff right now. When I ordered my S&B PMII through a different supplier than Euro Optics it took about 4-6 months and that was 7 years ago. Boutique/specialty shops pride themselves on “made to order” products. It’s all about quality they want, not quantity. I wouldn’t be bothered by it at all 10 years ago and surely not now with all that‘s going on.
I'm not bothered by it. I surely understand supply chain issues. I'm in the middle of a home renovation and we cant get a lot of things we need. I'm just trying to understand the process as it is completely different from any other scope purchase I've ever done dozens of times before. March seems to have an entirely different business model, which is not made clear at the retailer level.

ChrisAU

WKR
I know, but these aren't apparently supply chain issues. Sounds like this is their standard MO. I get "made to order", but the retailer usage of the word "backorder" usually means something different than "made to order" Which is the source of my confusion. They aren't really on backorder, or stuck on a ship somewhere, they haven't even been built yet. Ok, next question then... Do I front 100% of the money upon order? Or like most things "made to order" do I put down a deposit until completion? This process is so different from any other scope purchase I've ever made, sorry for all the questions.

Eurooptic has March Scopes in stock. If they don't have it in stock, it can be backordered. Just like other scopes companies? A quick filter on their site says they have 90 models in stock with free overnight shipping.

BBob

WKR
Unfortunately you have pay in full up front for a custom order. Why? How many people these days buy stuff only to turn around and not want it and want to return it or not follow through??? A deposit isn't worth it anymore to have to deal with all of these people. Know what you want, commit to it and pay for it. No way a small company like Deon/March or a small dealer can afford to get stuck with custom orders that people bail on.

Unwanted Orders

If for some reason you no longer want your scope once it has arrived at our location, we will do our best to sell it for you. There will be a minimum $200 sales commission to market your scope for you. As noted already above, orders cannot be canceled once the payment has been received and the payment is non-refundable.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR

ChrisAU

WKR
Not the one I want.

I hate to recommend them but it looks like Optics Planet has them in stock and will rebate you 20% in OP Bucks to spend there...could get something nice with basically a $488 gift card. Coupon Code HONEY takes off 5% too.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Unfortunately you have pay in full up front for a custom order. Why? How many people these days buy stuff only to turn around and not want it and want to return it or not follow through??? A deposit isn't worth it anymore to have to deal with all of these people. Know what you want, commit to it and pay for it. No way a small company like Deon/March or a small dealer can afford to get stuck with custom orders that people bail on.

Unwanted Orders

If for some reason you no longer want your scope once it has arrived at our location, we will do our best to sell it for you. There will be a minimum $200 sales commission to market your scope for you. As noted already above, orders cannot be canceled once the payment has been received and the payment is non-refundable.
Thanks, that link was really helpful. Answered all my questions. I wish Eurooptic had something similar posted.

Their usage of the term “back order“ can mean two things. The obvious being they are sold out of it and don’t have a resupply yet. The other being it is a way of having access to many if not all things in their lineup without having to physically purchase it all and carry the inventory in stock on hand. So yes they can get it for you, but they don’t carry it in stock.

Nothing in the least that would deter me. I have a set of Hawkins rings that I have been waiting for for 6 months now and a Bartlein Barrel that’s 8 months and counting. Heck you can hardly even go to the store and find a box of ammo to buy off the shelf anymore and you sure as heck can’t backorder it 😬.