March durability? Zero retention? How bad is that eyebox?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I hate to recommend them but it looks like Optics Planet has them in stock and will rebate you 20% in OP Bucks to spend there...could get something nice with basically a $488 gift card. Coupon Code HONEY takes off 5% too.

Thanks! Is Optics Planet not reputable? Why your hesitation?

I hate to recommend them but it looks like Optics Planet has them in stock and will rebate you 20% in OP Bucks to spend there...could get something nice with basically a $488 gift card. Coupon Code HONEY takes off 5% too.

DO NOT ORDER FROM OPTICS PLANET. They give exactly what we are talking about a bad name. For them, EVERYTHING is listed as being in stock. I can promise you, They don’t have a thing in stock and if they did I wouldn’t buy it from them. The worse retailer online IMO. I would rather wait a few months that deal with them. Do a simple review on here about them or on google and you’ll quickly discern they play games are never deliver a s advertised.

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks! Is Optics Planet not reputable? Why your hesitation?

Every now and then they have inventory issues that cause a lot of heart ache for some people. But, I have ordered a few things recently with no issues and so have many other people. Maybe call them and get assurances they have them. They definitely do stock stuff in Illinois. I prefer not to work with them, but if they have the product I want at the best price then I'm not above it.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
DO NOT ORDER FROM OPTICS PLANET. They give exactly what we are talking about a bad name. For them, EVERYTHING is listed as being in stock. I can promise you, They don’t have a thing in stock and if they did I wouldn’t buy it from them. The worse retailer online IMO. I would rather wait a few months that deal with them. Do a simple review on here about them or on google and you’ll quickly discern they play games are never deliver a s advertised.
Bummer, with their perks, they have by far the best price. They are listed as an official dealer on March's website. Think if I called them first to verify they have it in stock (website says 3 available) it would avoid any issues?

BBob

WKR
Think if I called them first to verify they have it in stock (website says 3 available) it would avoid any issues?
I personally would never ever buy from them. Some people do okay but so many have had issues. They are serial liars. Too many other more reputable dealers out there than to have to deal with their BS. Their MO is to take your $$$ and let you sit until it ships. They don't tell you most of what they sell (if not all of it) is drop shipped. They piss me off.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I personally would never ever buy from them. Some people do okay but so many have had issues. They are serial liars. Too many other more reputable dealers out there than to have to deal with their BS. Their MO is to take your $$$ and let you sit until it ships. They don't tell you most of what they sell (if not all of it) is drop shipped. They piss me off.
roger that. thanks.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Well, Long Range Supply isn't responding, Optics Planet seems shady, sounds like EuroOptic is the leading candidate. Any other retailers I should consider?

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ve had good luck with OP when they actually lost the quantity available for a product. If it’s back ordered, don’t order. If it’s just “in stock” without a quantity, I wouldn’t order.

OP is a mixture of a retailer and a marketplace.

I can echo this, if they show "X in stock" vs just "In Stock" then I feel much better about it. I believe the March showed to have 2-3 in stock. I wouldn't worry about losing your $, the only heartache has ever been about longer than stated lead times and just poor CS. Put it on a credit card and if they don't fulfill their end dispute it.

Bones

WKR
Don at longrangesupply was always pretty quick to respond when I interacted with him. I think it is a relatively small operation, so may be a little dependent on his schedule.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Well I ended up ordering from Optics Planet. I called first and they verified that if the site says they have an item in stock with a shown quantity, they have it, as as soon as an order is made it reduces that number real time.

So I used their 10% off coupon and proceeded. 30 minutes later I got shipping confirmation with a tracking number and it’s supposed to be here Friday. Fingers crossed. Hopefully I’ll be one of the lucky ones.

And as I was told, I went back to the item after my order and it listed one less in the available quantity. Let hope it all works out. 2 days is better than 2 months!

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Don at longrangesupply was always pretty quick to respond when I interacted with him. I think it is a relatively small operation, so may be a little dependent on his schedule.
I emailed him on Monday. No response. Oh well.

ChrisAU

WKR
Well I ended up ordering from Optics Planet. I called first and they verified that if the site says they have an item in stock with a shown quantity, they have it, as as soon as an order is made it reduces that number real time.

So I used their 10% off coupon and proceeded. 30 minutes later I got shipping confirmation with a tracking number and it’s supposed to be here Friday. Fingers crossed. Hopefully I’ll be one of the lucky ones.

And as I was told, I went back to the item after my order and it listed one less in the available quantity. Let hope it all works out. 2 days is better than 2 months!

If you got tracking then you have cleared the hurdles that everyone worries about with them. Anxious to hear how you like the scope!

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Well you guys were right after all... Optics planet sent me the wrong scope! I ordered the non illuminated model, and they sent me the illuminated. Didn't want or need that, but its a more expensive scope and now I have it in hand and of course the non illuminated one I actually ordered is "backordered" 1-4 months. Debating what to do.

ChrisAU

WKR
Well you guys were right after all... Optics planet sent me the wrong scope! I ordered the non illuminated model, and they sent me the illuminated. Didn't want or need that, but its a more expensive scope and now I have it in hand and of course the non illuminated one I actually ordered is "backordered" 1-4 months. Debating what to do.

Is it the reticle you wanted? Knowing if you ever wanted to move it that the illuminated one could bring more $ that is probably a mistake I could live with.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Yes, the reticle is the one I wanted. The CS lady said if I wanted to keep this one they would have to charge me for the extra since it's like $240 more. I hung up the phone.

I'll hold onto it for a few days and decide what I'm going to do. I've been playing with it for the last hour. Feels solid. You can tell the quality is top notch. The power ring is pretty stiff tho, hope it loosens up some. I don't mind the eye box or the parallax being a bit picky, the issue I'm having is I cant get the reticle clear with the ocular focus. I have it turned all the way in to get it almost right, but I can't go anymore and it's still not perfectly crisp. I can see a line double to the reticle that comes and goes (especially with illumination on) and the little hash marks on the vertical wire appear to bend downward. For this alone, it may have to go back. Anyone else have focus issues?

No focus issues here. Mine was actually dead on to my eye sight straight out of the box. I still attempted to improve it however it only worsened in either direction so I turned it back to its original setting.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
No focus issues here. Mine was actually dead on to my eye sight straight out of the box. I still attempted to improve it however it only worsened in either direction so I turned it back to its original setting.
Is yours illuminated? Which model/reticle do you have specifically?